Who We Are:
Materialize is the streaming SQL database company that makes it easy for any developer or analyst to understand streaming data, answer complex questions and build intelligent applications using standard technology. Whether it’s delivering personalized experiences, accurately identifying fraud, building predictive AI, or discovering new business opportunities, the ability to run complex queries on multiple streams of data and keep their answers up to date is critical to making better decisions about the changing world around us.
We are focused on bottom-up developer adoption, our core software is free to use and source available, our business model is a cloud product that handles management of Materialize and lets businesses focus on building value. We have a vibrant developer community on Slack and as much as possible we work in public on GitHub.
The Materialize team includes engineers who were early employees of Cockroach Labs, Ververica, and Stripe. Our work builds on top of Timely Dataflow and Differential Dataflow, both created by our co-founder Frank McSherry, a world-leading computer scientist with decades of award-winning research in all aspects of data.
Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
LOCATION: NYC-based Administrator to work out of HQ at least two days per week.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
The Salesforce Administrator must be a self-starter who has a passion for data, technology, and analytics at a rapidly growing tech start-up. This role will be responsible for assisting with all CRM functionality. This person should have extensive experience with Salesforce in design and strategy.
- Salesforce configuration changes, including (but not limited to): Flow, assignment rules, approval processes, fields, page layouts, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, actions, custom settings, mobile administration, dashboards, and reports
- Administration of internal systems to test, deploy, maintain, and modify scalable processes.
- Identify and gather requirements, translating into best practice, scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience
- Create and maintain dashboards with key performance metrics, including - pipeline reporting, opportunity tracking from lead generation to revenue realization, account growth, and retention.
- Create, troubleshoot, and test workflows and automated processes to correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Create and customize Objects including fields, page layouts, security/sharing rules and validations.
- All aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups, security, sharing rules
- Sandbox environment management
- DevOps/release management experience
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of Salesforce.com Administrative experience in an instance with > 500 users
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce Lightning - best practices, available declarative functionalities, data structures, and limitations - and of Salesforce’s architecture (triggers, validation, lightning components)
- General understanding of SaaS operations, goals and best practices.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to run and manage complex projects
- Ability to review and analyze technical flaws to ensure data and infrastructure hygiene
- Project management, time management, communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in translating technical requirements both written and verbally
- Experience administering Salesforce Lightning required
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.