Who We Are:
Materialize is an operational data warehouse. It’s the same SQL, same workflows, same architecture as an analytical data warehouse, but with a continuous computation model instead of batch. Your data is always up to date, always consistent, and always immediately accessible, so you can build real-time automation, engaging customer experiences, and new operational data products that drive value for your business.
Our streaming-first data warehouse is purpose-built for the unique demands of operational work. The familiar cloud architecture means low admin overhead, no new skills required. And the incremental engine means the same complex batch transformation logic from analytical warehouses can be ported over to run in real time with minimal engineering effort, and without increasing costs.
Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
About the Role:
As a Staff Product Manager, you’ll be working directly with executive leadership and founders to explore and implement new features to the database product. You should be comfortable in a scrappy environment with small autonomous pods iterating rapidly on product prototypes. This position demands technical sophistication but it also rewards you with an opportunity to partner with a talented group of engineers and computer scientists eager to creatively push database and streaming technology.
- Scope, specify, design and drive the completion of new features in partnership with engineering and technical leaders across multiple teams.
- Balance myriad factors including market, customers, and team to prioritize what we build and what we do not build.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to plan, execute and bring new features to market.
- Gain deep knowledge of the streaming and database ecosystem to understand requirements.
- Conduct basic research, experimentation, interviews, and usability testing to decrease uncertainty and increase confidence that what we build satisfies customer needs and desires.
- Use data and analytics and to help understand how customers use Materialize and define metrics to understand where we have success.
- You currently live in New York City, and are able to work from Materialize headquarters during the week.
- You are a seasoned product manager with experience in software-as-a-service businesses
- You have strong user experience sensibilities, product tastes and experience building for developers.
- You enjoy talking to highly technical customers.
- You get things done, take ownership over your work and are motivated by the impact your actions have around you.
- You have a degree in computer science and experience with databases and streaming architectures.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.