Who We Are:
Materialize is an operational data warehouse. It’s the same SQL, same workflows, same architecture as an analytical data warehouse, but with a continuous computation model instead of batch. Your data is always up to date, always consistent, and always immediately accessible, so you can build real-time automation, engaging customer experiences, and new operational data products that drive value for your business.
Our streaming-first data warehouse is purpose-built for the unique demands of operational work. The familiar cloud architecture means low admin overhead, no new skills required. And the incremental engine means the same complex batch transformation logic from analytical warehouses can be ported over to run in real time with minimal engineering effort, and without increasing costs.
Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
About The Role:
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will be responsible for partnering with new business prospects as well as existing customers to educate, evaluate, scope, launch, and grow their use of Materialize. We are partners in diligence for companies evaluating our services, we educate the market, solution with our potential customers, and ensure we are delivering value for them while meeting/exceeding our revenue goals for Materialize.
- Mandatory: 5+ years of SaaS field sales experience selling databases, data warehouses or streaming technology.
- Track record of meeting/exceeding quota
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well across the organization
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of solution selling with experience navigating complex sales cycles, engaging with C-suite executives, and negotiating SaaS agreements
- Lead full sales cycles including prospecting, scoping, negotiations, and growth of the customer. This includes growing existing customers to drive net dollar expansion.
- Work closely with Field Engineering to be trusted advisors to potential customers evaluating Materialize for their business in a competitive market.
- Develop both inbound and outbound pipelines as part of our data-informed Product Lead Sales model.
- Deliver presentations, demonstrations, and coordinate resources to help new customers make informed decisions about their technology choices.
- Take ownership of your business and operate with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborate across all lines of business to effectively communicate the voice of the customer, capture product feedback, and to ensure an exceptional user experience.
- Be comfortable educating on the value of new technology and approaches to solving problems.
Materialize is scaling our go-to-market teams globally and this will be a foundational hire for our Sales organization. Beyond being a proven and enthusiastic sales professional the right person for this role will enjoy discussing and contributing to our GTM strategy. This is an opportunity to be involved in not only closing deals but how we close deals.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.