Who We Are:
Materialize is the streaming SQL database company that makes it easy for any developer or analyst to understand streaming data, answer complex questions and build intelligent applications using standard technology. Whether it’s delivering personalized experiences, accurately identifying fraud, building predictive AI, or discovering new business opportunities, the ability to run complex queries on multiple streams of data and keep their answers up to date is critical to making better decisions about the changing world around us.
We are focused on bottom-up developer adoption, our core software is free to use and source available, our business model is a cloud product that handles management of Materialize and lets businesses focus on building value. We have a vibrant developer community on Slack and as much as possible we work in public on GitHub.
The Materialize team includes engineers who were early employees of Cockroach Labs, Ververica, and Stripe. Our work builds on top of Timely Dataflow and Differential Dataflow, both created by our co-founder Frank McSherry, a world-leading computer scientist with decades of award-winning research in all aspects of data.
Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
About The Role
The new marketing coordinator is a crucial role for Materialize’s expanding Go To Market (GTM) team. As the marketing coordinator, you’ll work hand-in-hand with growth and developer marketing to assist in the development and implementation of the marketing and brand strategy.
You’ll learn by doing across the different aspects of both growth marketing and developer marketing to ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals by identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and demand generation. Additionally, you’ll be hands-on with market research, event planning, competitive analysis, campaign implementation and reporting, and more.
The marketing coordinator will have an important and measurable impact on not only the GTM team, but the whole Materialize team.
- Support the Growth Marketing and Developer Marketing functions—in addition to the overall GTM team—in evaluating, establishing, and executing the marketing plan and strategy
- Help determine campaign success by tracking and creating reports on relevant metrics and outcomes and providing recommendations based on those findings
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to the GTM team, and provide instructions for use or promotion
- Plan and manage meetings, events, conferences, and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists
- Research and maintain appropriate calendars for events, speaking opportunities and more
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed
- Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Experience with marketing automation systems (Marketo a plus) and CRM systems (Salesforce a plus)
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.