About The Role:
Materialize is looking for an experienced leader to lead our Field & Event Marketing efforts. In this role, you will own the overall event strategy and plan, determine a framework for measuring field marketing success, and deliver on event production and logistics. You will be expected to coordinate across vendors, manage budgets, and launch a successful field strategy across multiple geographies. These events include sponsored and company-hosted events both small and large - as well as podcasts and remote speaking opportunities - and are focused on engaging with the developer community.
The right candidate will have experience as a B2B field marketer, with a strong background working with developers. They are expected to closely align with sales teams to ensure programs align with pipeline generation goals. They will be strategic in their approach but execution oriented in their day-to-day, measurement driven, and results oriented.
What You Will Do:
Own Field and Event Marketing Strategy and Program Execution - Develop a unified event program calendar spanning multiple geographies and customer segments and manage event logistics from initial scope to post-event followup for all in-person and virtual events
Deliver marketing programs and events to local markets - Work with a growing sales team to map opportunities in different markets and deliver locally-appropriate meetups and events, including coordination with local agencies and vendors to execute on outlined program deliverables.
Identify and manage sponsorships and speaking opportunities - Source and prioritize new opportunities for sponsorships, organic speaking opportunities, and owned events throughout North America.
Collaborate with sales and the greater marketing team - Ensure planning and implementation and of marketing programs aligns closely with pipeline goals of the sales and demand generation teams.
Create clear and specific goals for field marketing - Build a framework for evaluating success of department programs overall, as well as for individual events. Conduct post-event evaluations and share results with recommendations for improvement over time.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of event management experience, ideally with a focus on B2B
- Significant experience working alongside strong, effective sales teams
- Successful record of building and executing impactful, innovative programs that deliver pipeline growth through regional marketing
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- The ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent projects
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics
- Ability to hire expert talent and shown success in team building, day-to-day management, mentorship, and coaching
Bonuses that will help but are not necessary:
- Experience working at a database company or within an adjacent field
- Previous experience of CRM and/or other marketing automation systems
- Intermediate knowledge and experience using SQL and APIs
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.