What does a Developer Advocate at Materialize do?
As a Developer Advocate, you will be responsible for content community and code, all with the unified goal of helping developers:
- Learn about Materialize and how to use it effectively
- Build magical data products that add value to their company
- Level-up their own capabilities, get recognition for their work and advance their careers
You will report to the Head of Developer Experience (Developer Experience sits independent of Marketing and Product/Engineering.)
Your mandate will be to become an expert on Materialize, and translate that into user-facing content that meets users where they are and teaches them how to use Materialize in a user-friendly and intuitive fashion.
Work will vary across written content, conference and meetup presentations, code contributions to integrations, user-facing tools and code samples, and live interaction with our developer community on Slack, GitHub, StackOverflow and wherever else they are in need of help.
You will collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers, Developer Advocates, and Engineers to build an understanding of the initiatives we're pursuing, and the kind of learning materials which would make them more impactful.
You will be able to work fully remotely or in our NYC office.
What are the requirements
We believe that the right person would have the following:
- Proven experience communicating technical concepts and ideas to a developer audience
- Good understanding and experience working with GitHub for collaboration (pull requests and reviews).
- 3+ years of proven experience working in a developer, developer advocate or developer relations role.
- SQL and command line familiarity.
- Ability to build simple application prototypes for testing features to better understand how they work.
What's it like to work at Materialize?
You are likely to be a great addition to our team if you:
...have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
...stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a distributed organization with an office in NYC. Whether you work remotely, or from the office in NYC is entirely up to you! We offer generous relocation assistance if you prefer the latter.
What's in it for you
- The opportunity to take the lead on key strategic objectives of Materialize and to exercise outsize impact on the overall direction of the organization
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package
- 401K, or similar retirement funding for non-US residents
- Medical coverage, including Dental and Vision (or equivalent for non-US residents)
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with the Recruiting Team
- First interview with our Head of Developer Experience
- Research/Writing Assignment (we provide compensation for this)
- Second Interview with one of our Developer Advocates
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), writing samples, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.