About The Role:
As Head of Content Marketing and Programs, you will lead strategic vision and execution of company-wide content marketing across all channels and surfaces. Partnering with the professionals in developer experience, technical writers, designers, and freelancers, you will develop and execute on a cross-channel content strategy that engages developers and technical audiences, engages new and existing customers, drives conversion, and builds the Materialize brand.
The ideal candidate is not just a skilled content strategist or writer - they will understand how to build a content operation and drive business value through marketing campaigns and programs. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a proven track record of success in content marketing in a technical field. You also should have excellent communication skills and a high degree of comfort writing about deeply technical subjects.
We expect marketing to be the growth engine for the company - as well as an extremely important source of insight and information from the field. As a company, we hope to build a unified culture across the business and product arms of Materialize.
What You Will Do:
- Design content strategy - Develop a comprehensive content marketing strategy and vision - in partnership with demand generation goals and product marketing - to support our lead pipeline and drive awareness.
- Understand the developer mindset - Ensure content resonates with our developer target and community, and determine quantitative and qualitative feedback mechanisms to improve over time.
- Drive internal partnership - Partner with technical writers, engineers, sales, and other marketing teammates to deliver a cohesive narrative across every touch point.
- Operationalize content - Manage content production for a variety of content formats: ebooks, whitepapers, blog posts, infographics, case studies, social, video, interactive content experiences, and more.
- Build towards objectives - Track and report content performance metrics and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better engagement and conversion.
- Lead a high-performing team - Coach and mentor other content marketers internally and ensure content quality and performance remain exceptional.
- Manage agency partners - Manage internal and external editorial resources to plan, develop, and deliver content.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of content marketing experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, ideally in B2B (SaaS/Tech).
- Experience in developing content within a highly technical field, with strong preference shown to candidates coming from data product companies.
- A proven track record of using metrics to develop and iterate on content.
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of optimizing content for SEO.
- Experience working successfully with cross-functional teams and external agencies.
Bonuses that will help but are not necessary:
- Experience working at a database company or within an adjacent field
- Previous experience of CRM and/or other marketing automation systems
- Intermediate knowledge and experience using SQL and APIs
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.