About The Role:
As Manager within the product marketing team, you will perform a critical role in understanding and describing how developers can best use Materialize. You will conduct research and analysis of market trends, customer needs, and industry/vertical solutions - and communicate that research to product, marketing, and sales teams. The position will also be responsible for all forms of content for Materialize as new use cases are discovered and developed.
The ideal candidate will be highly strategic and analytical, with a strong prior experience as a researcher. They will also be an excellent writer and approach problems with a product mindset. To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record of success in solutions or product marketing roles in enterprise technology organizations.
We expect marketing to be the growth engine for the company - as well as an extremely important source of insight and information from the field. As a company, we hope to build a unified culture across the business and product arms of Materialize.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze market opportunities based on patterns of unmet needs, with an understanding how we compare versus the competition.
- Gather and distill feedback from clients and partners about our current product offering and execute marketing programs that represent the voice of the customer
- Coordinate activities with third parties like analysts, technology partners, and our developer community
- Support the go-to-market strategy of new product segments and features, including release marketing activities, positioning, pricing, packaging, messaging, demos, etc.
- Reflect value propositions through compelling content, including website collateral, datasheets, product brochures, and solutions content.
- Conduct thorough competitive analysis and maintain sales-consumable positioning documents
What You Have:
- 2-3 years experience across solutions or product marketing in a database company or within an adjacent field
- Technical background and understand modern system architecture, cloud computing, Database systems, DevOps, CI/CD, ETL tools, and other allied technologies
- BS in a STEM field or significant CS or Systems Engineering experience
- Demonstrated track record developing thorough market analysis, segmentation, and product research
- Exceptional writing skills and prior experience in producing written content for a technical audience (e.g., whitepapers, webinars, etc.)
- A sense of creativity in engaging technical audiences and creating compelling content; passionate about exploring new technologies
- Self-motivation with a strong drive to tackle hard problems and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Clear, consistent demonstration of a collaborative work ethic, creativity in identifying solutions, and a self-starter mindset
Bonuses that will help but are not necessary:
- Experience presenting in a public setting, including demonstrations to large audiences
- Track record of successful new product launches or growth of market share / mindshare
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.