About the Role:
We are looking for seasoned engineers to join our Sources and Sinks team. This team owns the experience of getting data into and out of Materialize efficiently. It is performance-sensitive distributed systems work with an emphasis on correctness that encompasses integrations with many adjacent data infrastructure projects.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, ship, and maintain substantial parts of Materialize in Rust.
- Iterate on Materialize to discover and adapt to customer needs.
- Collaborate with other engineers and product management.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering focused on systems-level software.
- Solid programming fundamentals (e.g. in Java, Go, C++) and interest in learning Rust.
- Track record of learning new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, equivalent to a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Computer Science. Timely and Differential Dataflow are built upon years of academic and industrial research, and you’ll need to become familiar with the research areas.
- Knowledge of stream processing.
- Familiarity with message brokers (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ) and CDC (Debezium).
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience implementing data infrastructure.
- Experience with distributed systems or high-performance systems.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.