Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Sr. Payroll Specialist who has a passion for HR Systems and is ready to own the payroll function. You will be an integral member of the People Team and understand payroll principles and the full end-to-end process. In this role, you be responsible for timely and accurate payroll runs, will advise on payroll reporting, maintain compliance, and work closely with all teams in regard to time and attendance.
Material Bank’s technology platform is rapidly expanding. In this role you will look for ways to continue building efficient and effective payroll processes and at times, help with the implementation of overall HRIS tasks. This is a hands-on role and requires someone who is a team player at heart, collaborates with well with Corporate and Hub locations, and always advocates for best practices. If you are energized by dynamic environments and have high attention-to-detail with a penchant for delivering results, this is your opportunity!
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all payroll-related functions for 200+ employees, including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, reporting, compliance, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit
- Calculate and process employee salaries, wages, bonuses and commissions accurately and timely
- Verify and reconcile payroll data to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate with HR and Finance teams to ensure seamless payroll processes
- Assist with providing payroll data for management including month-end and accounting reports
- Stay updated on latest payroll software and technology trends, compliance with tax laws and deductions, including Social Security and Medicare
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- 4+ years related experience or equivalent
- Ability to handle sensitive information and ensure confidentiality
- Proficient on ADP Workforce Now or ADP Total Source
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with fearless curiosity
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and reporting
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.