Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Through a powerful blend of innovation, technology, and strategic acquisitions, Material Technologies has created a global ecosystem of connected businesses and brands. Material Bank, the first platform launched by Material Technologies in 2019, is the world’s largest marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Members can search across hundreds of brands on a single site, order samples until midnight (ET), and receive everything in a single box by 10:30 AM the next day—always free for design professionals. At its core, Material Technologies is a technology and logistics company that provides scalable digital commerce.
As Material Technologies continues to expand, it will soon be launching DesignShop, a B2C platform that will drive commerce through an experience that starts with inspiration, utilizes advanced visualization, and is supported by the same powerful technology and logistics network that supports Material Bank today. We are looking for passionate, talented, and dedicated people to join our mission.
DesignShop is looking to hire a Director, Platform Operations to lead and support the launch, as well as the general operation of this one-of-a-kind platform. Each detail throughout the customer journey, both on and off the platform, has been meticulously thought through - from the welcome page to next day delivery and everything in between. DesignShop, as a platform, is significantly complex and will require a high degree of coordination and oversight. The Director, Platform Operations must have a proactive and hands-on approach as the platform will support hundreds of brands, designers, and dealers, hundreds of thousands material SKUs, and several platform extensions. As we launch something that has never been done before; this role is fluid, fast-paced, demanding, and most importantly exciting. The ideal candidate is a ‘problem-solver’ by nature, quick-learner, and has the leadership skills to bring people together to accomplish a common goal.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee daily operations throughout initial launch of platform and beyond
- Lead cross functional coordination among Marketing, Operations, Customer Support, Brand Services, and Logistics
- Drive platform extension offerings, such as, drop-ship programs, dealer extensions, and brand support
- Establish targets for category management and merchandising and assist in the development/launch of associated strategy
- Monitor and analyze platform data to identify opportunities to enhance the user experience
- Analyze data to identify trends relating to customer satisfaction, conversion, and overall platform performance
- Build an Operations team dedicated to supporting all platform elements as the business scales
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within a similar eCommerce role
- Familiarity with eCommerce operational best practices including commerce platforms, PIM, OMS, payments, logistics, user support
- Management experience in a multifaceted, fast-paced, and complex operation
- Proven experience and success in highly cross-functional role
- Team builder and success in developing talent
- Strong problem-solving skills
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.