Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Material Handler, Digital Material Acquisition for material intake, preparation and data entry as the first gate within the broader digital material acquisition process.
This Material Handler will be responsible for accurately and carefully preparing a high volume of various materials to be ready for scanning. This individual will perform any combination of procedures to intake, clean up, prepare, and record materials coming into the facility. This role requiring moderate knowledge of systems and software. This individual relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals together with the rest of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Pick materials from the warehouse that meet scan standards based on pre-generated pick list to meet daily volume requirements
- Work around moving machines like order pickers, forklifts, mobile carts, and robots
- Intake materials, perform visual quality checks, spec correction and remove any undesired features to make material scanner ready
- Perform quality inspections of materials, ensuring that the delivery is completed as requested and that the order meets company and industry standards
- Utilize scanners to scan bar codes on products
- Characterize materials based on preset criteria
- Data entry: input all required information to the system to activate the scanning process
- Pre-assign scan system for smooth downstream assignments and quality requirements
- Collect materials post-scanning to put back to inventory
- Provide aid or direction regarding material status, changes and confirmations as well as other general logistical inquiries
- Use MS Word, MS Excel, or other departmental systems to prepare documents or reports
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment as required
- Responsible for daily workspace maintenance, including cleaning of scanner(s) to ensure image quality; maintain a facility that is organized and meets high quality standards at all times
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in logistic environment
- High school, GED or equivalent diploma
- Must be able to understand and adhere to all safety requirements
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
- Ability to work in an environment with constant change
- Warehouse and inventory experience is a plus
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Must be computer literate and willing to advance skill set
- Passion and pride in the work you do, and skillset gained through the journey
- Team work and collaboration – win together
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- A positive and respectful attitude and flexible and efficient use of time
- Experience or passion to be able to evaluate materials in a variety of formats and determine their category
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Continually required to stand, walk, sit, utilize hands, and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read information and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually work in high, precarious places
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: 2 weeks’ vacation to start, Generous PTO, Sick Days, all National holidays paid, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, strong employee assistance program. 0% contribution for single dependence and very affordable plans for spousal and family plans.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) with a 100% vesting starting at 90 days with 4% match
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.