Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking an Imaging Technician, Digital Material Acquisition for material intake, preparation and scanning as the first gate within the broader digital material acquisition process.
This role will be responsible for accurately scanning a high volume of various materials to be converted into digital materials assets. This individual will perform any combination of clerical duties requiring moderate knowledge of systems or procedures. This individual relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This individual will perform tasks to achieve individual KPIs and departmental objectives together with the team.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare materials before scanning: remove visible debris, smudges, imperfections, etc.
- Check scanning specifications, strictly follow preset operating procedures for accuracy and quality requirements
- Set scanner parameters as identified to ensure accurate handling per material specifications
- Operate scanner(s) to scan a broad range of materials and generate digital representation
- Review all output images for proper sizing, resolution, and overall quality
- Data entry: input all required scanning and material information into the system
- Save and store files following file naming convention and procedure
- Use MS Word, MS Excel, or other departmental systems to prepare documents or reports
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment as required such as for weekly system calibration
- Responsible for daily workspace maintenance, including cleaning of scanner(s) to ensure image quality; maintain a facility that is organized and meets high quality standards at all times
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- An Associates/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft suite/Adobe Acrobat Professional software proficiency
- Must be computer literate and willing to advance skill set
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in operating applicable scanning and/or office technologies experience is a plus
- Passion and pride in the work you do, and skillset gained through the journey
- Team work and collaboration – win together
- Digital imaging / photography experience a plus
What you’ll get from us:
- Great Company Culture: Don’t take our word for it check them out here
- Adobe Experience Maker "The Disruptor" Award (2022)
- ASID National Award for Design Innovation (2020)
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: 2 weeks’ vacation to start, Generous PTO, Sick Days, all National holidays paid, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, strong employee assistance program. 0% contribution for single dependence and very affordable plans for spousal and family plans.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) with a 100% vesting starting at 90 days with 4% match
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.