Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
We are developing a team of imaging experts to develop everything from material scanning profiles to material authoring pipelines for the creation of Digital Materials also known as PBR texture maps. With significant investments in state-of-the-art scanning equipment and a dedicated facility, this initiative will scan thousands of materials to produce highly accurate digital representations that will be featured on a platform to improve the efficiency and overall user experience in the search for new materials. These Digital Materials are to be used in various visualization projects along with several internal virtualization initiatives such as:
- Online 3D product configurators
- Product description page imagery
- Online Digital Material repository
- Architectural previsualization / BIM modeling
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
Our Operations Manager, Digital Material Acquisition will focus on tactical expertise in digitization and operations of the facility. This individual will oversee the team’s performance and the processes from scanning to post processing and quality assuring material files onsite or with oversea artists. To achieve the best quality possible, this role will also manage additional tasks includes initiating color correction, supporting digital printing, support 3D rendering, and generating proofs of products using appropriate software. In addition, road mapping the software ecosystem and digital workflows while meeting and exceeding quality expectations within production deadlines
What you’ll do:
- Manage and support the day-to-day digitization operation team and facility
- Manage all onsite staff (10-25 teammates): work assignments, attendance, performance, and work quality throughout the entire acquisition pipeline
- Develop, monitor, improve, and evaluate each team members KPI to meet business objectives
- Hire new teammates to support scaled operation
- Work with digital asset lifecycle specialist to allocate assignments based on daily, weekly, monthly priorities
- Oversee the compliance of digital asset management and storage protocols
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained, calibrated, and operated; communicate with equipment vendors on a regular basis to keep all software and operation up-to-date
- Possess high level working knowledge of all digitization processes; Develop comprehensive understanding of physical qualities for all materials to assist with categorization for the application of optimal workflows
- Assist with refining digitization protocols for all systems
- Manage quality assurance for all digital assets, which includes but not limit to scale, resolution, color, format, realism, etc.
- Support research and development of new digital material workflows
- Interface with broader virtualization projects and 3D rendering pipeline to support all cross-divisional initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- An Associates/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing medium size teams (10+)
- Microsoft suite/Adobe Acrobat Professional software proficiency
- Experience with database and advanced reporting
- Experience with diversified set of software (graphic and 3D is a plus)
- Experience managing attendance, performance, and discipline
- Experience and passion of being team leader and manager, motivate and support the team’s improvements every day
- Database, reporting, tracking and excellence in administrative work
- Excellent file organization and time management skills
- Basic to advanced level of understanding in computer graphics, 3D animation and/or graphic design
- Basic understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, shade, composition depth of field, proportion, lighting, spatial awareness, etc.
- Basic understanding the texturing of 3D models
- Desire to learn new technologies and design techniques
What you’ll get from us:
- Great Company Culture: Don’t take our word for it check them out here
- Adobe Experience Maker "The Disruptor" Award (2022)
- ASID National Award for Design Innovation (2020)
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: 2 weeks’ vacation to start, Generous PTO, Sick Days, all National holidays paid, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, strong employee assistance program. 0% contribution for single dependence and very affordable plans for spousal and family plans.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) with a 100% vesting starting at 90 days with 4% match
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.