Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Our Director of Global Accounting will have significant exposure to high profile areas including global consolidation, M&A, impairment, and other complex functions. The Director of Global Accounting will be responsible for planning and supervising the production of the GAAP consolidated financial statements. This individual will also be responsible for the consolidation of domestic and foreign financial statements. This individual should embrace an entrepreneurial mindset, enjoy a collaborative working environment, and have an excellent ability to prioritize individual and team objectives in a high-growth environment.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the preparation of the global consolidated financial statements, coordinating with global teams to deliver the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and equity statement, together with all required footnotes
- Oversee year-end statutory audits and filings for international entities
- Own and identify opportunities to streamline detailed reviews of assigned balance sheet accounts and key technical accounting areas, including acquisition accounting, intercompany eliminations, share-based payments, and consolidation entries
- Ensure timely execution and review of assigned month-end and quarter-end close activities including, but not limited to preparing journal entries, account reconciliation, analysis, and reporting
- Investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities. Identify process improvements to mitigate associated risks
- Implement processes and controls around your area of work, including preparation of narratives and flow charts to support the control environment
- Review or complete financial statement disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with disclosure requirements
- Support successful completion of financial statement audits, including acting as a key point of contact with external auditors, drive preparation of audit schedules, and supporting the global process for both the group and consolidated audit
- Maintain and identify improvements upon the current accounting infrastructure to ensure streamlined process for accurate delivery of general ledger data for areas of assigned responsibility. Work cross-functionally to address accounting matters with other departments and regions
- Stays current on GAAP codification / IFRS standards and maintains critical accounting policies
- Take responsibility for understanding technical accounting areas, conducting research as needed, including but not limited to revenue, share-based compensation, taxes, comprehensive income, acquisitions, asset impairments, consolidations, and foreign currency translations
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as requested by supervisor
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 8+ years experience with Big 4 accounting firm working with public companies, or equivalent experience working in a technical accounting/reporting role
- Active CPA required
- Proven ability to research complex accounting issues and interpret technical accounting literature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines, all while maintaining exceptional attention to detail. Strong organization skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- An ability to explain, analyze, and write position papers based on research and analysis of specific facts
- Ability to work collaboratively across different departments, with people in different countries and different cultures
- Exhibits pride of ownership and sets and adheres to uncompromising quality standards for deliverables
- High-tech industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
- Public company experience required
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus
- Experience in NetSuite a plus
- Ability to travel internationally
What you’ll get from us:
- Great Company Culture: Don't take our word for it! Check it out here:
- Adobe Experience Maker "The Disruptor" Award (2022)
- ASID National Award for Design Innovation (2020)
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: 2 weeks’ vacation to start, Generous PTO, Sick Days, 16 paid holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, strong employee assistance program. 0% contribution for single dependence and very affordable plans for spousal and family plans.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) with a 100% vesting starting at 90 days with 4% match
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.