Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
The Sr. Director New Sales, SMB will be tasked with the responsibility of leading and managing new logo sales, building and managing an experienced account executive team and developing sales strategies to grow the SMB segment.
Your general responsibilities will include but are not limited to new logo/client strategic planning, day to day account acquisition/prospecting strategy, building strong pipeline and providing accurate forecast while managing the sales process from lead to close and reaching quarterly and annual targets. You will engage with executive-level client contracts and be expected to establish and develop the relationships, internally and externally, that will drive revenue growth with new or incremental product, solution and services offerings.
This role can be located anywhere in the United States Mid-West or East Coast with the ability to travel 30-40%. Ideal candidates will also hold the same personal values as our key corporate ones; be fast and flexible, take initiative and bring solutions, be the best at what matters, think big and take calculated risks and enjoy the journey.
What you'll do:
- Manage, structure, motivate and coach the acquisition (new logo) team comprised of SMB Account Executives in order to meet assigned quota targets
- Drive the execution of new logo GTM strategy across the entire company portfolio
- Ability to build account acquisition strategies that translate into profitable sales volume and hit strategic objectives with assigned target accounts
- Ensure account strategies and solutions that focus on value creation and client investment
- Drive alignment and influence executive and leadership contacts at C-suite within your portfolio of target clients
- Focus on establishing productive, professional relationships with personnel from all levels with the designated key accounts
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs
- Work with Customer Success organization to build value propositions for product offerings to include ROI models
- Drive internal efforts to support key accounts through cross-functional teams
- Coordinate resources to meet monthly/quarterly quotas and not only meet but exceed customers’ expectations
- Communicate regularly with key contacts within designated key accounts and ensure complete satisfaction and alignment of project objectives
- Forecast business as required and keep Strategic Marketing and Executive Management informed and updated on key sales opportunities
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in selling complex solutions to the SMB targeting executives and leaders (C-Level or VP) - likely to have Sales Leadership, Account Director, Account Executive, Sales Director, Client Partner, or Brand Partner positions
- 3+ years sales team management experience in directly managing Account Executives focused on driving software and services revenues with SMB Accounts
- Experience leading large/strategic SMB accounts, preferably within Retail and/or Manufacturing vertical
- Prior experience with Interior Design, Online Retail and/or Home Improvement domain is a definite plus, but not mandatory
- Successful track record of hitting and exceeding annual revenue targets in value-based Software Solutions (SaaS preferred) & Professional Services
- Experience with complex sales - selling solution software and professional services to SMB accounts,
- A hands-on leader, mentor and coach with a servant leader mentality
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine, and effectively communicate high dollar value propositions to key decision makers
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - ability to build trust and rapport at the executive level in sales, marketing, and merchandizing, as well as operations and IT
- Regular travel required (30-40%)
What you’ll get from us:
- Great Company Culture: Don’t take our word for it! Check it out here:
- Adobe Experience Maker "The Disruptor" Award (2022)
- ASID National Award for Design Innovation (2020)
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: 2 weeks’ vacation to start, Generous PTO, Sick Days, 16 paid holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, strong employee assistance program. 0% contribution for single dependence and very affordable plans for spousal and family plans.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) with a 100% vesting starting at 90 days with 4% match
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.