Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Senior PHP / Magento 2.x Full Stack Developer to join our award-winning Engineering team. When it comes to the nuts and bolts of what we have to offer, it’s simple. We have set out to revolutionize an industry. We are not focused on the same old e-comm optimization and we are not your standard Magento shop. Our engineering team is all about doing things no one has done before. Each and every day, we truly are setting the bar for what Magento is capable of. And, beyond our exceptional in-house team, we work with the “best-in-class” Magento partners out there.
Not sure yet? Check this out. We won best Magento B2B Innovation Solution in 2019. Learn more here: https://magento.com/case-studies/b2b-sales-material-bank
If you are looking to join a development team set on setting the bar and changing an industry, and if you love complex development initiatives that will help you grow as an engineer, there is simply no better place in South Florida.
What you'll do:
- Convert technical proofs into working software in a clear, concise and well documented fashion
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules, both standalone and extensions of Magento
- Solve complex performance and architectural challenges
- Establish and follow coding standards and best practices for PHP based development
- Integration of user-facing and back end elements developed internally
- Collaborate and lead team based cross platform architectural and engineering projects
- Continuously analyze and optimize inefficiencies in existing systems
- Manage, lead, and effectively communicate deliverables with a team of in-house developers and external development teams.
- Establish and follow coding standards and best practices for PHP development (PSR-2 Coding Style Guide)
- Develop and enhance client-side solutions that provide a rich user experience with an emphasis on usability and performance
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience in Magento 2.x
- 6+ years of experience with object-oriented languages: Java, C#, PHP
- 4+ years of experience in e-commerce systems with focus on scalable distributed systems
- Preferred working experience coding, using and designing REST and SOAP API’s
- Proven discipline following coding standards and best practices for PHP based development.
- Strong experience with code version control (GIT, bitbucket, JIRA)
- 6+ years of experience with object-oriented languages, primarily PHP 7.x
- 2+ years of experience with ECMAScript 2015+
- Strong SQL skills with ability to understand execution plans and optimize queries accordingly
- Strong SCM experience (Git source control and Atlassian ecosystem, Bitbucket, JIRA & Confluence)
- Strong API development skills, design and consumption of RESTful and SOAP services
What you’ll get from us:
- Great Company Culture: Don’t take our word for it! Check it out here:
- Adobe Experience Maker "The Disruptor" Award (2022)
- ASID National Award for Design Innovation (2020)
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: 2 weeks’ vacation to start, Generous PTO, Sick Days, 16 paid holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, vision, strong employee assistance program. 0% contribution for single dependence and very affordable plans for spousal and family plans.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) with a 100% vesting starting at 90 days with 4% match
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.