ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced Talent Development professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
The Head of Talent Development is a newly-created position at the Foundation and comes at an exciting time of growth for the Foundation as it implements its new strategy, Young Africa Works. The Foundation is evolving to a new way of working to deliver on our Young Africa Works Strategy. This role will focus on creating learning academics, development of people, managing vendors and overall leadership development of a function
Reporting to the Chief People and Culture Officer, the Head of Talent Development will provide a broad-range of high-impact talent development practices and strategies to the organization. They will be a leader, subject matter expert and critical resource to the organization. They will also be responsible for the diagnosis, design and implementation of best-in-class talent and leadership academies, strategies and solutions including change management and culture work.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Participate in the creation of an integrated talent management vision and framework to build organizational capacity in support of the Foundation’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Lead the design and delivery of the learning and leadership development framework that supports the achievement of organizational goals.
- In partnership with the business leaders and external partners co-create the design and lead the implementation of leadership and functional academies.
- In conjunction with external partners, co-create learning solutions that address emerging and future needs of the Foundation.
- Co-create and drive the implementation of initiatives that enhance the capabilities of the Foundation’s senior management to lead the business, their functions and teams.
- Lead the implementation of learning management systems as well as introduce engaging and impactful learning solutions/experiences that enhance employee development.
- Introduce meaningful measures of effectiveness of all learning in the Foundation.
- Oversee the Foundation’s Scholars Fellow Program
- Oversee organizational competencies, career roadmaps and career management strategy as our organization evolves.
WHO YOU ARE
- University Degree and/or Graduate Degree (Masters/PhD), in Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 15+ years of progressive talent development experience with at least five years having been spent in strategically focused roles.
- A thought leader with deep talent development experience particularly in needs analyses, learning design, learning academies and leadership of a function.
- Experience with Learning Technologies and designing corporate academies
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of learning and development experiences including experience with Learning Management Systems and e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure.
- Experience working in a start-up or ‘build’ environment.
- Ability to effectively lead organizational change with knowledge of change management principles, change communications, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.