ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation’s Operational Excellence (OE) team is committed to ensuring our enterprise processes and functions are effective and efficient and that the Foundation continues to deliver high impact and high quality with agility. Our focus on project management, process development, and operational improvements are in support of our future way of working to achieve Young Africa Works.
Reporting to the Head, Operational Excellence, the Operational Excellence (OE) Analyst will be a key member of the team and will collaborative with other areas of the Foundation. This individual will support the Foundation’s priorities such as Enterprise Transformation and identified improvement opportunities or initiatives. Success in this role will require a good understanding of the Foundation’s program areas and their business requirements.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Support the work of the enterprise transformation team, particularly the Programming Approaches and Process Redesign (PAPR) workstream, liaising with the Program, Strategy & Learning, Finance & Accounting, Legal & Compliance and People & Culture teams.
- Support the tracking and monitoring of the work to ensure that timelines are met, and deliverables are high quality.
- Improve identified processes at the Foundation by collaborating with internal areas on current state and gaps and develop more effective and efficient future state processes.
- Map new and future-oriented operational process required at the Foundation, to support country strategies or other priorities.
- Develop metrics and create performance reporting tools monitor the effectiveness of operational improvements.
- Use data and develop evidence to identify improvement areas in Foundation operations; proposing action plans to implement improvements.
- Liaise with the Senior Management team, external partners and internal teams.
- Support the maintenance of OE resources, the Foundation’s internal knowledge management system (SharePoint), and OE related materials.
- Perform cross-functional activities and/or other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a University Degree and/or Graduate Degree (Masters/PhD), preferably in business administration or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Master’s degree is an asset.
- You have a certification in lean methodology, or other improvement methodologies.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role and/or relevant capacity.
- You are enthusiastic and curious, with a demonstrated ability to contribute to large change initiatives.
- You are detail-oriented and process-driven, with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate data into meaningful information.
- You can understand how operational processes connect to strategic objectives.
- You are proactive, engaged and can thrive in an environment of change and ambiguity.
- Able work independently or with a team in a collaborative setting.
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured problem-solving methods to complex challenges.
- You have exceptional judgment; able to differentiate between the urgent and the important.
- You have excellent prioritization, organization, time management and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the Foundation.
- Technical skills (e.g., Excellent technical skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint & Yammer).
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and/or proof of education, as well as background checks (criminal, credit and social media) are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.