About Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reporting to the Partner, Security and Facilities, the Office Coordinator will be responsible for greeting internal and external stakeholders to the office. He/she will oversee day to day office activities as well as support internal travel. This individual will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and possesses the ability to be proactive in managing competing priorities. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity and professionalism.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Build and maintain relationships with employees including other administrators and external contacts.
- Provide receptionist duties and act as first point of contact to visitors by welcoming and directing guests appropriately.
- Assist in ensuring the safety and security of all employees and visitors in the case of an emergency.
- Handle all emergency calls related to premises and coordinate resolution accordingly, on- call 24/7.
- Coordinate all cleaning, maintenance and repairs of premises through the building management office and/or external providers.
- Manage the logistics calendar (Foundation drivers/third party driving service) including adding journey requests and engaging additional support as needed. Sort and distribute all incoming mail. Prepare packages for courier.
- Ensure kitchen area, meeting rooms and supply areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Build and maintain positive vendor relationships by notifying them of issues, assisting in requesting quotes, placing orders, etc.
- Purchase office supplies and equipment, ensuring supply needs are met.
- Set-up and tear down of meeting rooms, as required.
- Manage catering and act as back-up point-of-contact for social events.
- Assist in the onboarding process by preparing offices and/or workstations for new hires and ensure equipment requirements are met.
- Assist in coordinating office moves.
- Ensure the local office is health and safety compliant and participate as a member in the Joint Health, Safety and Wellness Committee.
- Inform travelers of necessary preparations prior to trip (i.e. vaccinations, visas etc.).
- Build and maintain relationships with the medical & travel security assistance company and the Foundation’s travel service provider.
- Coordinate and/or support administrative assistants with global travel arrangements including flights hotel bookings, ground/air transportation, travel itineraries and meeting briefs in advance of all trips.
- Ensure Customer Traveler Profiles and details are accurate. Track costs and manage budgets, expenses and invoices.
- Responsible for reconciling and coding all travel fees against appropriate department or project code in SAP Concur.
- Provide administrative support to the local Operations team as required.
- Provide backup support to the Team Assistant as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Completion of a College diploma or University degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an administrative, travel coordination, office services role or equivalent.
- Corporate travel experience, preferably global experience, would be an asset.
- Service oriented with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks and activities.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills.
- An ability to work well under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods.
- Must be a team player, who can also work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent initiative and possess a "take charge" attitude and sense of ownership.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Professional demeanor, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
- High level of proficiency with current technology including; Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience using SAP Concur for invoice and expenses tracking, an asset.
- Bilingual English and local language oral and written language skills preferred. Ability to speak French is an asset.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and/or proof of education, as well as background checks (criminal, credit and social media) are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.