Massdrop is looking for a strategic and inspired team player to lead our product marketing efforts for branded physical products for our Lifestyle communities — this portfolio includes a diverse set of product categories, from apparel, housewares and accessories; to outdoors, beauty and quilting. The focus of this role will include branded products made by Massdrop, as well as our collaborations with other leading brands. You will play a key role in ensuring that the broader Marketing team is tightly coupled with the Product Development team; bringing the voice of our customers and the brand to the table with our internal product development partners. You will be the key point of departure for the Marketing team to access product truth about our physical products.
Here is what you will do as part of the team:
- For Lifestyle products, act as the key point of contact between Product Development and the broader Marketing team, including influencer and community engagement, and physical product content development.
- Lead and collaborate on product marketing strategies that grow Massdrop's market share, brand reputation, and improve consumer experience around the world.
- Be an expert on Massdrop's physical products and features. Develop product marketing messaging and positioning as input to broader marketing materials and initiatives, such as campaigns, creative briefs, and communications activities.
- Develop sales, customer service, and marketing tools that support the marketing of products, including creating content, assets, and tools such as product briefs, positioning briefs, sales presentations, ROI tools, pitch decks, demos, competitive briefs, and other materials.
- Ensure product marketing initiatives and physical products communications are consistent with strategy, highlighting the value proposition of the physical products and communicating it to internal and external teams.
- Accountable for the program management between Brand Creative and Product Development for physical product packaging, naming, and branded ID.
- Lead marketing’s overall engagement with Product Development with regards to physical products, including with influencers, and working across internal stakeholders.
- Translate product marketing strategies into go-to-market plans in collaboration with Marketing and Product Development stakeholders, informed by research and consumer insights
- Collaborate cross-functionally on physical product development with regard to broader organizational calendars, and lead the coordination of marketing planning and activities with physical products development and launch timelines
- Working with stakeholders across Product Development and Marketing, play a key role in bringing business intelligence, across volume, value and demand planning, to promotional planning
- Be an expert on the Massdrop consumer to inform product development and physical products messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and sales tools and communications
- Manage interaction and engagement between Product Development vendors and the Marketing team.
And here are the skills and experience you will need to be successful:
- 7+ years B2C marketing experience, ideally with product marketing tenure at a consumer hardware, consumer products or apparel company. Tech experience desirable but not required.
- Experience developing positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
- Experience marketing to B2C e-commerce
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix. Ideally, experience with GTM plans across a breadth of traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies (content, influencer, social, events, digital, and ooh media, etc.
- Experience working with PR/external comms and internal comms is a plus
- Expert at creating visually compelling, engaging presentations that distill complicated concepts into succinct stories.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising strategies that can engage, inform, and motivate
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, including experience working with customer research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very comfortable working effectively with numbers, developing quantitative models and metrics, and working with spreadsheets on a daily basis
- Excellent command of the English language
This is a full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who We Are:
Massdrop puts community first. We create high-quality, custom gear, apparel, and products inspired and designed by our online communities. We provide over 6 million members a place to connect, discuss, buy products together, and learn about the things that are important to them.