… about Maschinenraum
We are building a unique network and innovation campus dedicated to deep tech and transformation of the German industry. Initiated by the family-run Viessmann Group, our membership-based community brings together Mittelstand companies from across the country, and international startups working on tech-driven innovations and looking for industry connections. Our 4,500sqm facilities will open doors end of 2018 in Prenzlauer Berg.
Currently in our ramp-up phase, we are looking for an ambitious and level-headed Operations Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building up and managing our processes and relationships with providers to ensure successful operations of our business and facilities.
… your responsibilities
- Build up and manage operational workflows of our 4,500 sqm facilities, including access control, members management, office management, relationship to service providers (IT, security, cleaning)
- Manage our team admin and day-to-day operations, ensuring a smooth coordination with our parent company
- Work hand-in-hand with other team members, to implement workflows that best enable them to succeed in their own role. For instance, work with our Food & Beverage Manager to implement smooth F&B workflows, with our Community Manager to implement an efficient issue tracking and resolution process
- Be always on the lookout for new solutions to improve our processes and optimise our operating costs
… the person we are looking for
- 2+ years professional experience as an office manager, operations assistant, or other relevant position
- Highly-organised, you enjoy administrative, office and facility management-related assignments. Ideally, you're the kind who gets a tiny excitement rush once everything is all organised, all clean, all figured out.
- Proactive, solution-oriented and pragmatic attitude - ready to jump on hands-on tasks until an issue is solved
- Ability to work independently, reliably, and to prioritize simultaneous tasks
- Excellent communication skills, with your team as well as in a customer facing environment
- Fluent German & English
- You are passionate about new technologies and how they impact our world
- This position requires a lot of specific knowledge, part of which you may have to learn with us and it’s fine - we value attitude and motivation above all.
… what we have to offer
- A very unique company setup: we operate with the agility and culture of a startup, while being part of a 12,000-people strong family-run business. We are at the epicenter of the transformation of a Mittelstand company, and benefit from the support and expertise of our many colleagues.
- We care about our team culture, a lot. We believe in reaching goals by creating a positive, people-oriented work environment.
- A lot of room for growth - for real. As one of our first hires, you will have the chance shape our entire operations and members experience, as well as your own personal development - this will be a journey for you to continuously gain skills and responsibilities as we open and scale.
- Office based in Mitte (Rosenthaler-Platz) until opening of our facilities in Prenzlauer Berg.
- An opportunity to work at the heart of the Berlin tech scene, grow your personal network at lightspeed, learn an awful lot - and most importantly, strive to make a positive impact on society through your work.
… up for a challenge?
- You are welcome to apply in English via the form below. In the "Cover Letter" field, please include a short answer (2-3 sentences max. each) to the following two questions:
- What disruptive technology are you - personally - particularly excited about and why?
- What is a place you visited recently (e.g. hotel, business center, café...) that impressed you especially from an operational angle, and why?
- We are looking forward to getting to know you!