… about Maschinenraum
We are building a unique network and innovation campus dedicated to deep tech and transformation of the German industry. Initiated by the family-run Viessmann Group, our membership-based community brings together Mittelstand companies from across the country, and international startups working on tech-driven innovations and looking for industry connections. Our 4,500sqm facilities will open doors end of 2018 in Prenzlauer Berg.
Currently in our ramp-up phase, we are looking for an experienced and passionate Food & Beverage Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building up and managing all F&B-related operations within our facilities, as well as ensuring the highest level of service to our members.
… your responsibilities
- Build up and manage all F&B operations within our facilities, including running the cafeteria and our snack solutions, coordinating catering for events and lunch delivery services for our members
- Design and strive to continuously improve our F&B offerings
- Recruit, train and lead the F&B service team
- Ensure an outstanding experience to our members and their guests
- Forecast, plan and control stock and orders, and coordinate with our Operations Manager to build smooth workflows with our service providers
- Monitor financials and report to our MD on sales and profitability forecasts
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
… the person we are looking for
- 3+ years professional experience in Hospitality / F&B management required
- Higher education and/or advanced training in Hospitality / F&B management (or related field) preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong business acumen
- Proven leadership and team management skills, even better if in a F&B environment
- Dedication to provide outstanding guest experiences
- Stress resistance and problem-solving mindset
- Knowledge of German Food safety/health regulations and legal environment
- Fluent German and English
… what we have to offer
- A one-of-a-kind challenge and opportunity to build up a successful gastro business from scratch, with the team and financial support of the larger entity it belongs to. Additional upside: our operations are focused on weekdays, business hours.
- A very unique company setup: we operate with the agility and culture of a startup, while being part of a 12,000-people strong family-run business. We are at the epicenter of the transformation of a Mittelstand company, and benefit from the support and expertise of our many colleagues.
- We care about our team culture, a lot. We believe in reaching goals by creating a positive, people-oriented work environment.
- Office based in Mitte (Rosenthaler-Platz) until opening of our facilities in Prenzlauer Berg.