MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
About the Position
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will lead the financial planning, budgeting, and related reporting functions, for MaRS Discovery District, and support other related entities in the same. The incumbent will support the planning of new grant initiatives as the finance lead in these endeavours, bringing a business sense to the proposals while balancing MaRS’ charitable standing.
This individual is a critical thinker who considers all stakeholders and facts, will ask for more details before moving forward in finding an appropriate and creative solution.
- Lead the budget process in coordination with the CFO & CEO, ensuring all related statutes and compliance needs, are considered.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of the organization’s cashflow forecast, in liaison with MaRS Discovery Enterprises Inc. and other related entities.
- Conduct the annual budgeting and rolling forecast process for MDD. Ensure annual budgets and forecasts comply with current funding agreements and provide advice on how to best optimize operations among various funding agreements to maximize the recovery of expenses
- Manage and develop the business processes and supporting staff, ensuring the Finance team is viewed as a trusted advisor to the Senior Executive Team and the Board.
- Superior critical thinking skills and proven ability to translate complex requirements into defined business solutions.
- Bachelor degree or similar, in business admin, commerce, or similar field
- CPA Designation required
- 3+ years of financial planning & analysis experience
- 5+ years finance and accounting experience
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Working knowledge of ERP budgeting and planning tools
- Working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite planning & budgeting an asset
- Strong communication and analytical skills
Applications close at 11:59pm EST on October 22, 2021.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.