MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
About the Position
The Senior Manager, IT Security is a key team member of the MaRS IT team and owner of the operation of MaRS security practice. This role focuses on monitoring for security anomalies, reporting on anomalies and managing incident and escalation processes for security based events. This role also provides security guidance for project and operational support to IT staff and business users.
- Reviews, application security including MFA, Session Management, Code reviews specific to security ie sanitization of user input, caching and encryption.
- Integrates technology for various teams as is needed to support their business and operational requirements. This includes security and feature based analysis of solutions requested by the business as well as finding and recommended new solutions for and by the IT group.
- Evaluates and recommends software, hardware and services that ensure the safe operation of Mars data assets.
- Works with the IT Service Desk, CRM, Network and Project teams to manage project deliverables as well as escalated problem and change requests.
- Provides subject matter expertise for security related incidences and data privacy.
- Acts as the Backup CSO as defined in the Canadian Government Vendor management and procurement processes.
- Works with other members of the Corporate IT team to create and maintain the Business Continuity Plan.
How You Innovate
- Ensuring that MaRS’ systems and applications work seamlessly and have a high degree of security and ease of use.
- Become a thought leader in the securing of startup organizations from a network, application and process perspective.
- Manages and monitors new technologies such as Zero Trust Networks and Cloud Firewall.
- Reviews and assists in the maintenance of IT documentation for IT and business systems.
- Creative solutions are regularly required in order to meet business requirements without compromising network security.
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent
- Security certification such as CISSP, CISM an asset
- 5 years + in an IT position
- 2 years + in a security-focused role
- Experience with data networking: Firewall, VPN, Proxy
- Security fundamentals in threat modelling, least-privilege designs, network segmentation, traffic and data encryption, vulnerability management
- Strong general technology skills including Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Knowledge of Virtualization concepts and technology
- End Device Protection application experience and optimization
Applications are due at 11:59pm EST on October 22, 2021.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.