MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
About The Position:
The Senior Associate, Digital Marketing, is responsible for managing and executing MaRS-led marketing campaigns that support our brand, ventures, partners and ecosystem, as well as leading and demonstrating results of these efforts. Through collaborating with internal and external teams, the Senior Associate, Digital Marketing, develops digital assets, ensures that all deliverables are on brand and writes social media copy to support marketing campaigns. The role also includes exploring creative and experiential marketing tactics to increase MaRS’ brand awareness and reach new audiences in innovative ways. In this role, you must have a firm understanding of design, content marketing and corporate social media best practices.
- Digital Marketing:
- Manage MaRS social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) and engage with members of the community.
- Produce accurate, well-written and grammatically correct copy for all content channels.
- Develop marketing plans by working with internal teams and partners to uncover key objectives and audiences for integrated marketing campaigns.
- Manage various email marketing campaigns, including designing templates, choosing/optimizing images and sending emails to targeted audiences.
- Review external digital content such as web pages and marketing emails (links, spelling, design, etc.) to ensure they meet corporate standards; fixes errors and verifies fixes, and reports detailed bugs.
- Use Asana and project management best practices to ensure deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Identify any key issues or risks that impact the meeting of pre-established targets and propose and implement solutions and improvements.
- Digital Content Development
- Design assets for MaRS digital channels, including social, email, web, paid ads and video, incorporating best practices and following brand guidelines.
- Provide art direction to creative agencies, artists and photographers to create best-in-class and on-brand content for MaRS channels.
- Collaborate with other teammates to support the creation, editing and optimization of content, including selecting appropriate images/videos for websites, blogs, social media platforms, PowerPoint presentations and other MaRS marketing assets as required.
You are proactively in-the-know about the latest trends in brand marketing, which competitors are doing it best, industry affairs and trends to ensure content is performing its best. You hold a University degree or college diploma/certificate with a focus on digital communications and/or marketing. You have 3 or more years of experience in digital marketing.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to optimize/scale marketing strategies and tactics.
- Understanding and experience of corporate social media and digital campaigns.
- Maintains an interest in current affairs and has a finger on the industry pulse.
- Past experience with email marketing, social media (organic and paid) and analytics.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics and visual hierarchy.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with tightly prescribed timelines; an understanding of project management best practices and collaboration.
- Excellent computer skills, and the ability to learn and use software programs and online applications.
- Knowledge of design best practices.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to translate their objectives into marketing plans.
- Can anticipate requirements – thinks three steps ahead.
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, YouTube), Google Analytics, Asana, MailChimp, Salesforce, Eventbrite, Microsoft Office
- Highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Familiarity with WordPress, including HTML/CSS.
- Familiarity with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro) and motion graphics programs like Adobe After Effects.
Along with your resume, you are required to either upload or paste a link of a portfolio of completed digital projects to qualify for this role.
Applications are due on September 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM, eastern standard time.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.