MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
About Opportunity for All Youth
What you will be responsible for doing?
Delivery of pre-designed youth work readiness learning tools/materials (ie: workshops, webinars, masterclasses, podcasts, etc) via all channels that comes from our product design cycles, and support the tracking of outcomes aligned to those tools
Piloting new approaches/methods to content delivery (ie: Coach on Call, Web Based Support) to improveYouth Outcomes with the support of Senior Manager, and Operations Manager
Supporting the O4AY team, ongoing sector scanning of trends and best practices in employability learning
- Support program design for continued improvement of youth experience and products
Deliver all activities to our brand promise and service standards, identify areas for continuous improvement of service delivery
Who will I interact with?
- Internal Clients
- Human Resources
- Talent acquisition
- other corporate services
- Human Resources
- External Clients
- Young people of Canada
How will i innovate
Working with the team and the Youth Innovation Council, this role will create new methods for youth learning and youth engagement that are driven by youth across the country. As we develop our best in class youth experience, this role will also support employers better accessing youth and sharing their stories.
What qualifications, skills and experience would you like me to have?
- As a minimum you should
- be High School/College educated or
- have a digital learning certification or
- have an educational qualification
- worked with youth engagement
- have youth work certification or education
- We would like you to have this experience
1-2 years working directly with youth
1-2 years facilitation experience
Experience delivering content through digital tools (super comfortable on screen)
Some experience in peer to peer learning or delivery
Measuring learning outcomes
- Key Competencies
- High energy, positive attitude. We are looking for incredible facilitators who can inspire, motivate and support youth on a difficult journey
- Great team players! Our Youth team is small and needs to work closely on product development while we scale
- Passionate about creating a positive experience for youth
- Ready to learn and grow
- If you want to leap over your competition, it would be great if you
Experience in youth skill building or leadership programs
Experience working with employers to translate their needs to youth
Experience working on a National youth program
Previous work on a youth innovation project
Digital Savvy- a love of using digital tools and spaces to share messaging and meaning
Understanding and comfort in an innovation, R&D or Start Up team
What’s it like to work at MaRS?
On top of working for a mission-driven organization with a passionate, smart and engaged team, you can expect to enjoy some of these perks:
- Access to a wide array of fascinating conferences and lectures hosted by MaRS
- A very active social committee that organizes potlucks, “serendipity coffee” dates, the annual MaRS Summer Games, Trivia Nights, team building outings, and summer golf day
- Joining the MaRS softball team and knocking it out of the park
- Indoor bike parking and showers
- Discounted gym membership
You’ll be working at the MaRS Centre – a vibrant, architecturally inspiring complex connected to the subway. In early 2014, MaRS increased its innovation footprint to 1.5 million square feet with the opening of its 20-storey West Tower, making it one of the world’s largest innovation hubs.
For more about what it’s like to work at MaRS, check out our profile on B Meaningful.
- Open-concept office environment
- Typical operating business hours of 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
MaRS Discovery District is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #marsdd on your resume and complete our online application form. Applications received by any other means, may not be considered.
Application submissions are due on June 18, 2021
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.