MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is North America’s largest urban innovation hub. Our purpose is to help innovators change the world. MaRS supports promising ventures tackling key challenges in the health, cleantech, fintech and enterprise sectors as they start, grow and scale. In addition, the MaRS community fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration to drive breakthrough discoveries and new solutions to be adopted in Canada and beyond, growing our economy and delivering societal impact at scale.
The Venture Engagement Coordinator role provides administrative and operational support for the effective and efficient delivery of MaRS Growth Ventures Services through participation in venture engagement and portfolio management activities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep alignment with MaRS’ overall mission and the need to improve Canadian innovation to drive positive social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
1. Team Operational Support
- Provide logistical, operational and administrative support for the engagement team
- Provide meeting support including: contacting participants, preparing relevant documents, booking rooms, attending meetings, taking minutes and following up on decisions within scope of responsibility
- Manage the team’s tools including Box taxonomy and account, scheduling tools, and more
- Create and edit presentation decks and other assets
- Additional administrative duties to support the team, as assigned
2. Venture Community Development and Engagement
- Help execute community engagement activities for early-stage ventures
- Assist in planning workshops, community and partner events
- Draft and schedule newsletters, strategic communications, & online content
- Update and maintain online venture portals
3. Venture Intake and Portfolio Management
- Coordinate and schedule venture intake, orientation, and onboarding activities.
- Assist with venture service plan development; where needed.
- Assist in venture tracking using various digital and social tools, sharing relevant information with the internal team, and updating the venture portfolio and profile as required
- Coordinate office hour program delivery including room booking, scheduling and liaising with ventures
4. Reporting & Database Management
- Assist with reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage corporate databases and ensure venture records are accurate and up-to-date
- Assist with data cleansing and sanitization cadences
- Assist in creating Salesforce dashboards and views
- Director of Engagement
- Engagement Associates and Senior Associates
- Knowledge and Insights staff
- Venture Operations staff
- Portfolio ventures executives and teams
- University or college degree; communications, marketing or business is an asset
- 1-2 years previous experience in client-engagement role
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Interest in, and knowledge of, emerging technologies, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of technology ventures a plus
- Strong capabilities in Salesforce, Gmail, Google Calendar, MS PowerPoint, and Excel
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Highly attentive to details; accurate data entry skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Clear ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve
Applications are due by Sunday May 16, 2021
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.