Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our web team, you will work with a highly collaborative group to deliver our next generation of payments applications. You will have the opportunity to use modern web technologies to help design and build internal and customer facing applications that should be flexible, reliable, secure and a joy to use. You will be a part of researching new tools, establishing coding standards, and helping guide other engineers across the team.
- Building high quality web products
- Focus on continually improving your skills as a software engineer by pursuing learning opportunities and exploring new tools.
- Ability to augment every team you work on as a technical expert, clear communicator and effective collaborator
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Fluent in HTML/CSS
- Experience working with RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience working on large-scale websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Experience working with Ruby and Rails
- Experience with React and ES6 Features
- Solid understanding of development life cycle and Git workflows
- Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
Bonus points for
- Previous experience in the payments industry
- Experience building Single Page Applications
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with Webpack and Babel
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience working with Docker/containerization
- An active GitHub repository
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!