Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is recruiting a Manager of IT Audit to lead the IT SOX controls program, perform technical and operational audits, participate in the risk assessment process and build relationships with senior leaders. This is a highly visible opportunity where you can have a measurable impact at a growing company.
As an IT SOX Manager, you will be responsible for evaluating technical aspects of systems, databases, processes and controls; identifying and mitigating IT control gaps and partnering with business and engineering teams on remediation items. You will also coordinate with external auditors and process owners to enable completion of testing and provide support by developing relationships with leaders throughout the organization to monitor and improve internal controls, processes, and drive operating efficiencies. In addition, part of this role will include evaluating new systems and products and supporting business partners where necessary to ensure their areas are operationally efficient and compliant with regulatory frameworks. The success of this role will be based on building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management to ensure objectives are effectively achieved and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met. He/she will assist in the SOX planning and continuous monitoring of the company's internal control environment as the need for internal control governance grows with the company. You will report to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Plan, lead and execute the company’s IT SOX program including performing risk assessments, leading walkthroughs and overseeing tests of design and operational effectiveness of IT controls
- Contribute to the development of the strategy of the Internal Audit department along with the Head of Internal Audit. Work together with the team to develop the annual Internal Audit and SOX testing plan.
- Coordinate SOX program testing IT controls with co-sourced internal audit IT team members, external audit IT team members, control owners, managers and executive management
- Communicate with and educate control owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of audit.
- Participate in the development and oversight of required corrective action plans relating to compliance issues.
- Lead business partners in tracking internal audit observations to resolutions.
- Draft clear and meaningful findings, high quality audit reports, presentations, and other materials for Sr. Management.
- Participate in internal audit risk assessment and contributes to the development of annual internal audit plan and other audit planning activities.
- Develop repeatable methods to ensure consistent results and help develop an internal knowledge base.
- Support the Head of Audit in compiling internal audit status reports to management and Audit Committee.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans and objectives.go
- Independently operate in a fast paced, diverse and matrixed environment while managing multiple priorities/projects for on-time delivery.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) in Information Systems or a related field
- Recognized professional certification(s) : CISA or CISSP
- 6+ years of relevant IT audit and SOX experience, technology industry experience preferred
- Strong understanding of IT auditing standards and techniques, financial and operational risks and controls, SOX and COSO framework
- Experience designing and implementing risk assessments and internal controls
- Adept at assessing complex IT and business processes environments to identify potential IT, financial, operational, and compliance risks
- Have the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to prioritize activities while working on multiple projects to achieve target deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.