Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a highly driven Sales Development Manager who can build and scale the SDR organization. As a Sales Development Manager, you will be responsible for building out a strategy that fills the top of the funnel for our sales reps to hit their sales targets. You will lead and coach inbound and outbound SDRs, helping them deliver on ambitious targets, as well as roll up your sleeves to work directly with the team. You will also work with cross-functional teams within Marqeta. You will work closely with marketing, sales, legal, and finance teams to drive Marqeta’s business goals. This role requires someone with a broad range of business development experience, intuition, and leadership skills to identify and close relevant business opportunities.
Our environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. The right mix of organizational and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential. We are looking for an individual ready to lead by example, be selfless in your leadership across teams, collaborate with your peers, and partner with colleagues and external partners. If this describes you, we want to hear from you!
- Lead business development for North America, Canada, and APAC
- Recruit, train and lead a team of inbound and outbound SDRs
- Scale the lead process and make sure we have a plan to touch all high value leads through inbound, outbound, or partnerships
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization to shape Marqeta’s solutions to meet client needs.
- Establish, monitor, and report on key performance indicators (“KPI”)
- Accelerating ramp time to productivity, and ensure your team has a solid understanding of Marqeta’s platform
- Be deliberate about succession planning and developing the team to promote career growth of direct reports.
- Build incentive programs that excite the SDRs and drives the right behavior to capitalize on our market strategy
- 2-5 years of people management experience
- Experience leading inbound/outbound sales and operations in an early stage, high-growth technology environment.
- Proven track record of high performance in a pipeline generating or closing role
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team.
- Demonstrated passion for start-ups and new technology businesses.
- You are a strategic negotiator and strong communicator, and able to manage time-sensitive projects with little supervision;
- You have excellent project management skills an entrepreneurial track record
- You have a Bachelor and/or Master’s degree
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.