Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
As part of the Key Accounts team, your mission will be to improve the transaction acceptance rates for our largest, fastest growing, and most complex strategic customers. You will be responsible for key initiatives, strategy, and cross-functional relationships in service of increased growth for us and them.
The Key Accounts team is a tight-knit group that works across each organization within Marqeta as well as the clients’ organization.
When you join the team, we will rely on you to:
- Be a data expert: run analyses and gather actionable insights to improve acceptance rates. Experience with SQL is mandatory, Python or R would be useful as well
- Understand the business context in order to drive those actionable insights
- Understand Marqeta’s technology and client-specific configurations
- Partner cross-functionally to get the information you need and execute the improvements you identify
- Partner externally with our clients as well as members of the payments ecosystem to find best practices and drive proactive process improvements
- Perform in-depth analysis of customer trends to provide insights for new growth initiatives
In this role, you'll get deep experience in:
- Partnering strategically with global enterprise clients
- Being a critical part of an aggressively growing tech startup
- Working cross-functionally with world class teams at our own company as well as our clients'
This role performs a wide range of activities - here are a few of the essential qualifications and characteristics:
- Payments Rockstar: You bring a deep knowledge of disruption in the payments space as you work with top innovators in fintech
- Data Master: You can run analyses and marry them with business context to drive meaningful results
- Business Acumen: You deeply understand and center yourself around the company’s and the clients’ business strategy and get creative when coming up with ways to drive growth.
- Strategic Connector: You build relationships and navigate teams (internally and externally) in order to get answers, drive progress, and create solutions in a timely manner
- Self-Starter: You don’t sit around and wait for things to happen. You are aggressive about getting the necessary tasks done while also anticipating needs before they arise. You come to the table with suggestions rather than problems.
Organization Master: You stay on top of in-flight initiatives and tasks.
- 6+ years of experience in payments, specifically related to authorization rates and/or risk/fraud
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with SQL is mandatory, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Drive, Python or R would be useful as well
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation, written, email)
- Analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Motivation and ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects with aggressive schedules simultaneously
- Positive attitude, adaptability, resourcefulness, and “get stuff done” ethos to work independently and create value in a quickly-evolving, high-stress environment
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.