Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Marqeta platform is built by developers for developers! We enable payment authorization decisioning, cardholder data security, instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital wallets, and real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time (JIT) funding.
Within Marqeta, the Security Engineering team is responsible for empowering our product engineering teams to own security by documenting and evangelizing secure application development best practices as well as the design, development, and implementation of internal and 3rd party tools.
We’re looking for a strategic, hands-on program manager to provide low-friction high-impact security at Marqeta. This is where you come in.
- Define, build, drive and measure security programs across product and engineering.
- Focus mainly on Product Security and Security Operations programs while being flexible to support other security teams as needed.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, finance, and legal on achieving the right blend of build vs buy-and-integrate.
- Investigate complex problems and design simple solutions for them.
- Question assumptions, validate hypotheses, and define key metrics for success.
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out challenges/blockers.
- 5+ years experience developing and managing technical programs and complex initiatives for Security teams from inception to stabilization for an engineering driven organization.
- At least 2 year of security-specific technical experience preferably working with Product Security and Security Operations teams/programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years equivalent training, fellowship or work experience.
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and active listener, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles.
- JIRA user experience.
- We are a fast growing company, things are going to happen. Be a pragmatic optimist, and find the solution.
- Relentlessly resourceful, ruthless prioritizer.
- Intellectually curious, efficient executor.
- You have a bias towards action.
Bonus points for
- Creative problem solver with advanced knowledge of open-source and 3rd party security technologies.
- Product Designer in a former life or STEM degree that includes experience as a software engineer.
- Experience building products within a growth-startup environment.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.