Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is recruiting a Senior Manager of Internal Audit to lead the Business SOX controls program, perform financial and operational audits, participate in the risk assessment process and build relationships with senior leaders. This is a highly visible opportunity where you can have a measurable impact at a growing company.
The successful candidate will be able to dive deep into business processes, apply broad knowledge and partner with key stakeholders. The candidate must be able to understand the full range of risks related to processes and help guide business owners in defining best practices and effective value-added risk mitigation plans. You will lead a co-sourcing team to scope the environment, evaluate controls, coordinate documentation, identify and evaluate deficiencies, and provide controls guidance for process and related system changes. The success of this role will be based on building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management to ensure objectives are effectively achieved and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met. He/she will assist in the SOX planning and continuous monitoring of the company's internal control environment as the need for internal control governance grows with the company. You will report to the Senior Director of Internal Audit.
- Drive the company's build out of the Business SOX controls program, creating a sustainable structure to evaluate internal controls over financial reporting.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy of the Internal Audit department along with the Head of Internal Audit. Work together with the team to develop the annual Internal Audit and SOX testing plan.
- Independently lead and execute internal audits applying a top-down, risk-based approach to assess risks of key operational and financial processes.
- Conduct SOX scoping analysis to identify and confirm in-scope accounts, business processes, and IT applications.
- Lead execution of process walkthroughs and controls testing to identify, validate, and document significant classes of transactions, financial reporting risks, and key/non-key SOX controls.
- Design and implement SOX controls to properly mitigate financial reporting risks associated with new entities and business processes as well as system implementations.
- Guide management in developing action plans to remediate control deficiencies.
- Monitor controls and follow-up on all outstanding audit issues and progress of corresponding corrective actions.
- Manage and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with all levels of management, consultants, and external auditors.
- Monitor industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB, IFRS) developments and develop recommendations for policy, process, system, and internal control improvements. Partner with our business functions to provide thought leadership and guidance to support their operational, regulatory and compliance obligations.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience, with progressive experience within a company or a Big 4 accounting firm
- Recognized professional certification(s) : CPA or CIA
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques, financial and operational risks and controls, SOX and COSO framework
- Experience designing and implementing risk assessments and internal controls
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or GAAS guidelines
- Strong project management skills and able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Must be sharp, articulate, and highly motivated
- Have the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to prioritize activities while working on multiple projects to achieve target deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.