Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Join Marqeta’s credit team and help us rebuild credit card processing infrastructure from scratch. Everything related to credit card issuance, processing and servicing will be modern, disruptive and scalable. Our modern platform and open API enables custom configurations of credit product features that deliver the speed and agility that digital-first banks and fintechs need to diversify and scale in this dynamic sector.
In this role, you will work within a tightly knit squad of product managers, designers, front end and back end engineers who work cross-functionally with all teams and at all levels of the organization. We’re looking for a hands-on product manager who would own the future of one or more of our credit product capabilities, including solutions like cardholder management, account management, rewards, payments, statements and self-service. This involves the full product life-cycle from ideation to development to launch. Your success would drive utility of our core credit offering and ensure banking innovators can provide their customers next-gen credit card experiences.
- Design and build products within a B2B2C company that delights your customers, and your customer’s users. Develop deep expertise on our product, market, and competitors
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, operations, design, engineering, risk, and legal on product development throughout customer discovery, validation, and prioritization
- Partner with a dedicated engineering lead to define technological design and scope including architecture, APIs, data models, and integrations
- Ensure that roadmap and prioritization processes are well communicated and understood across the organization
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of any identified issues
- Influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
- Investigate complex problems and design simple solutions for them
- Question assumptions, validate hypotheses, and define key metrics for success
- Obsess over getting the product details correct, but ship on time
- 5+ years of experience in software product management & development in a product owner or a technical product manager role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- You have experience in card program or product management, but not enough to limit your creativity of how it would look like if you were to re-envision it from scratch.
- Prior product leadership experience with one or more successful cross-platform products.
- Led a high performing team that consistently delivered. Experience working directly with design and engineering teams with a clear understanding of their tradeoffs.
- Deep customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution
- We are a fast growing company, things are going to happen. Be pragmatic, optimistic, and find the solution.
- Ability to drive for results cross-functionally and influence others within the company, in our partner ecosystem and in the field with customers
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Relentlessly resourceful, ruthless prioritizer, intellectually curious, efficient executor and bias towards action
Bonus points for
- Experience building products within a cards / payments / lending regulatory environment.
- Non-legacy based payments experience (acquiring and/or issuing)
- Experience managing technical products (SaaS platform services, API/SDK products…)
- Past experience building Fintech products or incredible developer experience
- Experience is agile software development methodologies
- Trained Design-Thinker and strategist
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.