Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a growth-oriented Senior Analyst, Online Advertising to own the execution of our paid advertising activities. The successful candidate possesses strong execution experience and acumen in B2B online advertising, as well as a balanced blend of strategic & analytical thinking, optimization expertise, and cross-functional marketing collaboration.
This individual excels in driving PPC optimization, scalability, and efficiency and has a passion for data, metrics and reporting. This is a hands-on role that focuses on tactic-level execution, and the candidate must demonstrate the mindset to drive continuous performance and ROI improvement. Additionally, this role will own the analysis of our paid-lead funnel to the point of hand-off to our Sales and BD teams and will identify insights and actions across our paid marketing channels through the process.
You would be a great fit if you share our desire to drive demand through optimized targeting, messaging and processes. You bring a strong combination of SEM/Display/Content Syndication expertise, the ability to analyze website journeys and the mindset of optimizing content and messaging in this pursuit. You are the type of person who wants to be a part of a cross-functional team with a mindset to enable marketing, business development, partners and product teams as we work together to achieve our aggressive goals. You obsess over finding new ways to shorten time to value for our customers and time to revenue for the organization.
- Ownership of execution and results around predominantly the paid marketing funnel (ranging from driving impressions and traffic to driving high quality leads) across all relevant channels (SEM, paid ads, content syndication). This will be hands-on execution work.
- Analysis of data across the paid funnel for reporting, insights and knowledge-sharing, with the goal of driving eventual revenue, but also top-funnel pipeline.
- Collaboration on our SEO efforts to improve our domain authority through tactical initiatives and execution.
- Collaboration with peers within the company around testing for journey and conversion optimization on the website, including site behavior analysis and website performance reporting in the context of all of our paid advertising.
- Analysis of data sets to understand our growth marketing funnel and to identify areas of opportunity to expand reach, increase engagement and grow revenue.
- Close partnership with internal teams to drive consistency of our content across the website, blog and our paid campaigns.
- Collaborating around evaluation and implementation of the MarTech stack while recommending new tools, and add-on applications to improve and optimize performance.
- Assisting with managing data inputs and data quality for marketing tools, processes, and campaign tracking in relation to Salesforce integration and other various tools and platforms.
- 2+ years of direct execution and optimization experience in B2B online advertising (SEM, Social/Display Ads) w/ Google and Bing.
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, growth, analytics or a similar role, preferably with experience in enterprise software and/or Fintech.
- Strong analytical skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, other reporting and data analysis tools). Proven ability to look across multiple systems and multiple data sources to define and optimize success metrics.
- Experience working on full-funnel growth analytics including A/B testing and channel effectiveness.
- Familiarity with CMS usage in terms of making webpage edits and updates.
- Hands-on experience with Growth MarTech stack and ability to lobby for critical automation needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes. Must be able to explain complex items to various stakeholders and understand projects that have varying analytical goals and needs.
- Nice to have: an interest in content messaging and reviewing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.