Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Join Marqeta’s Disputes team and help us transform payments and disputes. Our modern platform and open API enables custom configurations of dispute features that deliver the speed and agility that digital-first banks and fintech need to scale in their dispute process for a better customer experience.
As the Product Operations Manager, you will play a key role in partnering with our internal Risk Operations partners and external customers to ensure a successful product rollout. You will act as the liaison between the Disputes Product team and Risk Operations, and ensure that the Marqeta Disputes product offering(s) are appropriately implemented and utilized by our internal teams and customers as appropriate.
You will be accountable for metrics around product adoption and usage while developing processes and documentation that provide a best-in-class user experience and create better feedback loops between Risk Ops, customers, engineering, and the product team. You will find opportunities to use data-driven processes, metrics, better tools, and more efficient ways to support product changes and influence the product roadmap.
- Drive top company priority user betas, launches, and global rollouts (in partnership with product marketing, user operations, account management, product training, and others)
- Develop subject matter expertise around the disputes management lifecycle and chargebacks specifically. Build and own operational and product analytics around disputes.
- Assist in managing day-to-day operations of Disputes and troubleshooting. Review/escalate incidents reported and prioritize severity in partnership with engineering and support organizations.
- Focus on data to help product function scale with Marqeta. Collect data and run tests to drive use case development. Track success of releases and resources allocated across development cycles. Work with Product & Engineering to analyze operation/product metrics and dispute data to provide recommendations on product enhancements and process improvements.
- Correlate the product usage data with the financial data, the movement in the market, customer service, competitor metrics, etc. Surface key insights and make their impact obvious across the organization to support continuous improvement.
- Development and maintain training materials for different use cases and business models
- Work hand in hand with Product, Engineering, Production Support, Settlements, Risk Ops, and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of product operations, product management, or an operational role that worked closely with product and engineering teams
- Data-driven with excellent analytical skills. Proficient in SQL, Python, Excel, Looker/BI tools.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple data sources to inform and support critical decisions about the product strategy, with 2+ years of experience building dashboards using visualization tools.
- Experience building trusted partnerships with product, operations, and engineering teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with and strong ability to formulate and present analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
Bonus points for
- Experience with disputes and chargebacks
- Experience working with the card networks and/or other payment systems
- Experience reconciling and optimizing funds flows
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.