Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
If you’re still reading, we assume that you’re excited about Marqeta’s innovative platform and have the drive to do what it takes to contribute to the next stage of our revenue growth!
In close partnership with a Senior Director of Key Accounts, your mission will be to manage a handful of our largest, fastest growing, and most complex strategic customers in order to drive meaningful results and increase growth for us and them. As you advance in the position, you’ll be responsible for taking complete ownership over key initiatives, customer strategy, as well as internal and external cross-functional relationships.
The Key Accounts team is a tight-knit group that works across our entire organization as well as the clients’ organization, serving as the point person for driving strategic growth, while also helping address issues and questions.
When you join the team, we will rely on you to:
- Be the face of the organization to the customer as well as the voice of the customer inside of Marqeta
- Be current on and support all functions, projects, and issues related to your customers in order to unlock growth
- Research and chase down answers to a wide variety of customer questions across the organization
- Perform in-depth analysis of customer trends to provide insights for new growth initiatives
In this role, you'll get deep experience in:
- Partnering with global enterprise clients on the most strategic levels
- Being a critical part of an aggressively growing tech startup
- Working truly cross-functionally with world class teams at our own company as well as our clients'
No two days are the same in this role, as the Customer Success team is key to working across our partners, customers, and organization to drive innovation in the industry. Success in this role inevitably leads to broadening responsibility with no end in sight to what you’ll take on.
This role performs a wide range of activities - here are a few of the essential qualifications and characteristics:
- Business Acumen: You deeply understand and center yourself around the company’s and the clients’ business strategy and get creative when coming up with ways to drive growth.
- Strategic Connector: Build relationships and navigate teams (internally and externally) in order to get answers, drive progress, and create solutions in a timely manner
- FinTech Fascination: You want to develop a deep knowledge of disruption in the payments space while working with the top innovators in fintech.
- Self-Starter: You don’t sit around and wait for things to happen. You’re aggressive about getting the necessary tasks done while also anticipating needs before they arise. Come to the table with suggestions rather than problems.
Organization Master: Staying on top of all matters in-flight by documenting, tracking, and supporting the daily functioning and operations of customer programs. Attention to detail and professionalism is key in all communications.
- 4-7 years of experience in a field with a customer relationship and analytical focus (investment banking, consulting, customer success, account management, etc)
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation, written, email)
- Analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Motivation and ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects with aggressive schedules simultaneously
- Positive attitude, adaptability, resourcefulness, and “get stuff done” ethos to work independently and create value in a quickly-evolving, high-stress environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bonus points for: knowledge of payments, financial technology, complex technology, and/or API products
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce, Google Drive
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.