Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solve challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all the job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Your mission at Marqeta will be to serve as a trusted technical and payments advisor for Marqeta’s customers, digging in to provide solutions throughout the customer life cycle. You will lead the charge on initiatives such as presenting integration guides for on-boarding customers, leading the internal voice of the customer sessions for critical solution challenges, or celebrating the launch of a key new product feature that you pushed forward.
You will be on the front line communicating directly with customers, but you will partner with groups across the organization. You will build expertise by learning from the Product and Technology teams who develop the platform and solutions. In return, you will deliver critical customer feedback to help shape the roadmap and refine our offerings.
- Pre Sales Support: work with Sales, BD, CS and PM to analyze customer requirements and develop solution sets, plans, timelines, cost and proposals.
- Post Sales Support: project management skills required to create virtual teams for implementation, identify and mitigate blockers/issues, business or technical conflicts. Monitor progress of implementation to ensure success
- Production Support: managing ongoing support (daily and weekly internal standups) of customer implementation. Includes x-org monitoring (infra, platform, security, app level), as well as data file production, delivery, reconciliation of transactions. Working closely with NOC to pre-empt issues, working with Sales on customer comms. Manage overall timelines for customer interactions (monthly reviews, technical deep dives)
- Product Development: work with eng teams across infra, platform and app to ensure customer feedback is provided to planning teams.
- Know the tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This includes sitting in on Product and Technology teams' regular meetings, and serving as a liaison and "voice of our customers" when engaging with those teams.
- Engage with customers: You love working with the customer (developers, product managers, engineers and even executives). Our revenue team will rely on you to ensure the key technical influencers at our customers and prospects deeply understand our technology, what makes it different and better than that of our competitors, and how to quickly get integrated and live.
- Provide solutions: You are empathetic, putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and delivering strong recommendations to solve their problem. You can zoom out to see the bigger picture, putting simple requests in context to highlight downstream impacts or “gotchas” before they occur.
- Share your wisdom: As you learn, you document your findings to train others and create standards that can be repeated across the team and organization.
- Spot trends: As you work with cross-functional teams and a diverse array of customers, you will have unparalleled insights on how Marqeta’s solution enables our customers, how it compares to our competition, and where we should build to remain on the cutting edge of the payments ecosystem.
- Proven work experiences as a Technical Account Manager, 5-7 years of experience in a customer-facing role responsible for technical discussions in a sales engineering, implementation, or technical account management capacity
- Superior ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly (verbally & in writing), tailoring recommendations based on customer needs and evolving offerings.
- Able to facilitate customer collaboration and prioritize customer asks.
- Resourceful problem solver who proactively suggests improvements and challenges the status quo
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Experience in the B2B technology space, with a knack for understanding what makes businesses tick and what drives their growth
- Experience and/or enthusiasm coding to APIs
- Strong understanding of fintech (e.g. acquiring, networks, point-of-sale), bonus points for knowing payments, especially the issuing side
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travel will be required 0-5%
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.