Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is experiencing exponential growth and is seeking to augment the Settlement team. The Settlement team is at the core in facilitating the business through such fast pace growth. We are building efficient, responsive, and accurate processes, implementing new tools, and expanding support to internal and external customers and banking partners.
The Settlement team is expanding rapidly as Marqeta adds new customers and existing customers enjoy increased success and growing payment transactions. As such this role joins an existing team responsible for the daily tracking, analysis, and reporting of Settlement with banking partners for Customer programs. S/he will be responsible for identifying and resolving issues while maintaining great relationships across internal and external partners. Over time this role will have an integral part in the revamping of systems and processes in partnership with banking partners, Product and Technology teams. The key aspects of the role are:
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations, along with research and follow-through of unreconciled items
- Monitor daily banking activities in order to detect irregularities
- Partner with internal teams (Customer Success, Partner Operations, Delivery, Product, and Technology) and devote attention to timely root cause analysis, discrepancy resolution
- Perform validation testing on product changes prior to production deployment
- Support accounting team in Settlement revenue (i.e. interchange) and expense (i.e. test transactions) tracking and recognition
- Partner with manager and peers identify and implement settlement reconciliation enhancements and tools
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement to support the scaling of the business
- Perform, as needed, functions spanning across the three sub-functions of the Settlement Team
The ideal candidate should possess a passion for financial risk mitigation through reconciliation with a solid background in accounting/finance related functions and excellent MS Excel skills. Equally important is having demonstrated success and desire in solving problems and driving results. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates who have a keen sense of ownership, being adaptive to a fast-changing environment, and a high curiosity to learn about the payments business and products.
- Bachelors Degree or 5-6 years experience in finance/accounting related functions, banking or other financial services industry background preferred
- Previous bank reconciliation experiences and use of reconciliation tools and banking web portals highly desired
- Proficient in Excel and programming languages (Python, SQL)
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to question/verify correctness and completeness of data
- Strong analytical skills, good problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented is a must
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.