Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is experiencing exponential growth and is seeking to augment our Settlement team with additional payments systems experience.
The Settlement team is a core of our business with ownership and responsibility of funds movement and tracking for our customers, bank partners, and networks. The team ensures all program funds are in the right place, at the right time, for the right purpose. Additionally we continue to scale through building efficient, responsive, and accurate processes, implementing new tools, and expanding support to internal and external customers and banking partners.
The Settlement team is expanding rapidly as Marqeta adds new customers and existing customers enjoy increased success and growing payment transactions. As such this role joins an existing team responsible for the daily tracking, analysis and reporting of Settlement with banking partners for Customer programs. S/he will be responsible for identifying and resolving issues while maintaining great relationships across internal and external partners. This role will have an integral part in the revamping of systems and processes in partnership with our Issuing banking partners, Product and Technology teams. The key aspects of the role are:
- Become an expert in the Customer constructs and funding Process. Identify and document opportunities for improvement and automation
- Monitor daily Customer Program Funding balances. Improve customer communication strategy for optimal Funding and minimal friction
- Establish and own the escheatment function, manage relevant external vendors and drive internal teams deliverables
- Manage and maintain administration of bank account openings, closures and bank web portal user access management
- Become the go to subject matter expert on Customers, MQ Platform and Issuing Bank partners Funds Flows at Marqeta
- Project manage internal initiatives as needed
- Partner with internal teams to identify and articulate product and/or process needs to support new customer requests (as they pertain to funds flows) and solve problems
- In collaboration with manager, establish, manage and publish relevant metrics to measure team objectives success
- Collaborate with Product teams to clearly represent and advocate for Settlement team’s needs on new features and functionality within the Marqeta platform
- Perform, as needed, functions spanning across the entire Settlement Team
The ideal candidate should possess a strong business acumen and relentless pursuit of improving on the Status Quo. This individual can clearly see the big picture, yet be savvy and curious enough to be able and willing to dig in the weeds. Equally important is having demonstrated success and desire in solving problems and driving results. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates who have a keen sense of ownership, being adaptive to a fast-changing environment, and a high curiosity to learn about the payments business and products.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years’ experience in Banking or Fintech
- Strong ability to understand and connect the dots on how different parts of the business drive funds movements and impact Settlement team functions and staffing
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to question/verify correctness and completeness of data
- Strong analytical skills, good problem-solving, judgement and decision-making skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented is a must
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience with the escheatment process highly desirable
- Highly proficient in Excel (Complex Formulas/Macros is a plus)
- Project management experience is a plus
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.