Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking a talented web marketing manager to own our company website growth strategy for www.Marqeta.com. The right person for this role has experience building world class modern B2B websites that explain complex products in an elegant, simple & visual way. This role will lead web team sprint planning to allocate resources, build new pages, review bugs & prioritize roadmap items. You will work cross-functionally to gather web requirements to build the web roadmap and will lead the Design/Dev team to ensure the web deployment process is efficient. You will constantly improve site content, performance & conversion rates. You are a master at collaborating across Marketing, Design, QA & Engineering. This role is a critical core part of our growing Web Squad team within Marketing.
You are an intellectual super-power with an awesome attitude, inquisitive mind and a strong desire to work with the incredibly smart people who are enabling our extraordinary growth. If you join the Marqeta team, you will be an integral part of this very fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
- Own website strategy for www.Marqeta.com focused on improving top of funnel traffic, conversion rates & sales leads.
- Build the Marqeta brand & tell our story in a clear compelling way that is backed by customer insights & web usability research
- Run weekly web team sprint planning to review all tasks, assign bugs, prioritize projects, review designs & ensure we deploy all updates with speed & quality
- Collect cross-functional inputs across the company to inform & prioritize the web development roadmap including new pages, infrastructure & design updates
- Own core web metric goals, analytics tracking, reporting, insights & performance share outs
- Work with the development team to evaluate web infrastructure such as hosting, video streaming & A/B testing tools to drive efficiencies, quality & performance
- Build a scalable efficient design, development, QA & deployment web process for all new updates
- Update ongoing web content in the CMS including copy & images
- Partner closely with Marketing, Design, QA & Engineering to constantly improve the website as our business scales
- Ensure the site works responsively across all browsers & devices
- Always adopt the latest web best practices & technology with a learning mindset
- Constantly improve site performance load times to be world class
- Implement project management process improvements to increase efficiency & quality
- Thrives working in a culture of constant learning, testing, improvement & rapid growth
- 4+ years of B2B web marketing experience with a focus on building world class websites
- Experienced working with Wordpress or other similar CMS sites. Experience with the Divi theme builder is a plus.
- Expert at leading team sprint planning to build roadmaps, prioritize projects, assign resources, track progress & resolve bugs
- Ability to flawlessly project manage large complex projects with many moving elements
- Comfortable launching a high volume of pages optimized for SEO with frequent ongoing updates
- Has worked closely with Design & Development teams to take new pages from idea to deployment with quality & speed
- Understands web tech infrastructure including CMS platforms, DNS routing & web hosting
- Can build & execute learning plan including running web UI/UX usability research to get ongoing customer insights to inform site improvements
- Familiar working with QA devs on testing automation to ensure all pages are optimized across all browsers/devices
- Proven success in web performance, SEO & conversion rate optimization
- Experience working closely with Marketing, Design, QA & Engineering teams
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, great communication skills and highly self-motivated
- Once back in the office after COVID-19, ability to work in the Oakland headquarters is desired but not required
- Payments & Fintech experience is a plus but not required
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.