Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solve challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all the job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Marqeta platform is built by developers for developers! We enable payment authorization decisioning, cardholder data security, instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital wallets, and real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time (JIT) funding.
Within Marqeta, the Security Engineering team is responsible for empowering our product engineering squads to own security by documenting and evangelizing secure application development best practices as well as the design, development, and implementation of internal and 3rd party tools.
We’re looking for a strategic, hands-on product leader to help us build the future developing software at Marqeta. This is where you come in.
- Design and build products within a B2B2C company that delight your users, and your user’s users.
- Develop deep expertise on our product, market, and competitors.
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, finance, and legal on achieving the right blend of build vs buy-and-integrate.
- Partner with a dedicated engineering lead to define technological design and scope including architecture, APIs, data models, and integrations.
- Influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals. Evangelize uniform customer experience guidelines and adoption of shared infrastructure across product management and engineering organizations.
- Investigate complex problems and design simple solutions for them.
- Question assumptions, validate hypotheses, and define key metrics for success.
- Obsess over getting the product details correct, but ship on time.
- You have experience in the software development lifecycle, but not enough to limit your creativity of how software development would look like if you were to re-envision it from scratch.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams with a clear understanding of their tradeoffs.
- Deep customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution.
- We are a fast growing company, things are going to happen. Be a pragmatic optimist, and find the solution.
- Clear communicator, active listener.
- Relentlessly resourceful, ruthless prioritizer.
- Intellectually curious, efficient executor.
- You have a bias towards action.
Bonus points for
- Product Designer in a former life or STEM degree that includes experience as a software engineer.
- Experience building products within a growth-startup environment.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.