Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We’re looking for a strategic, hands-on product leader to help us build the future of credit issuing at Marqeta. You will report to the SVP of Program Management. Initially the role will be an individual contributor, partnering with the product team to deliver a new credit product. Over time, there is an opportunity to build a team to support the operational needs of Marqeta’s global credit issuing platform.
- Be the Marqeta go-to expert on all things related to credit issuance and operations; you will be in all the major product, market, partner, and customer discussions.
- Define, develop, document, deploy, and manage Marqeta’s Credit Operations processes in line with the overall corporate strategy for Credit. This will include items such as: program thresholds, portfolio risk management, client risk assessment, regulatory compliance, and receivables sales.
- Share your expertise in areas like customer service, fraud patterns and monitoring, disputes/chargebacks, collections, credit bureau usage, etc. You may not own the day-to-day management of some of these functions, but you'll define them for us and make sure we're performing at world-class levels.
- Partner with internal teams (Product, Revenue, Legal, Compliance, and other Program Management leaders) to define and grow the Marqeta credit issuing strategy and platform, and associated operational innovations.
- Support sales, onboarding, and ongoing customer management efforts as needed.
- Define and deploy the vetting, contracting, onboarding, and post-launch management of credit issuing banks.
- Define and support the build of the cross-functional organizational structure for supporting credit on a global scale.
- Define, operationalize, analyze, and report on Key Performance Indicators for Credit Operations.
- Extensive work experience at a Bank leading Consumer/Commercial/Charge card Issuance (acquisition, activation, usage, upgrade).
- Knowledge of Portfolio Risk, Compliance, and Legal implications
- Direct lending experience, either revolving or fixed term.
- Senior professional (10+ years of relevant experience) who is looking for a large growth opportunity over the next few years.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.