Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta Inc., is seeking a Corporate Paralegal who will work on corporate governance, securities compliance, corporate and commercial transactions and legal team administrative matters. Candidates should have 4-7+ years of corporate and securities experience gained working at a law firm and in-house at a public company. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel, Corporate.
- Prior experience working in-house at a public company and at a law firm required.
- Ability to assist with corporate governance matters, legal entity formation and management, qualifications to do business, and annual filings in the U.S. and internationally.
- Experience preparing meeting materials, consents, and minutes for public company Board of Directors and Committee meetings; working knowledge of Diligent Boards or similar software
- Experience with preparing and handling SEC reporting (including SEC filings, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, S-8s and Section 16 filings).
- Provide drafting, research and organizational assistance to in-house attorneys in the negotiation of customer and vendor agreements, cardholder agreements, NDAs, and other corporate and commercial transaction documents
- Manage legal budget, includes tracking and submitting budgets, accruals and invoices on behalf of the Legal and Compliance Team; excellent knowledge of LegalTracker required.
- Maintaining database to track Company’s intellectual property rights and applications (trademarks, copyrights, patents), ensure prompt payment of filing fees.
- Review marketing collateral and work with marketing and other business teams
- Prepare and maintain electronic data rooms for due diligence; organize, distribute, and file transaction documents
- Interface with outside counsel utilizing a high degree of familiarity with legal terminology and processes
- Perform legal and factual research and statistical analyses
- Provide paralegal support on special projects (ex. M&A, financings)
- Utilizes computer skills and technical knowledge to handle or assist with the creation and maintenance of legal records and intranet websites, knowledge of DocuSign contract management software, Box, Jira, and Confluence preferred
- Manage multiple priorities, track extensive detail and deliver within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and self-starter with drive and initiative
- High integrity and great judgment, positive attitude and commitment to excellence
- 4-7+ years of relevant corporate and securities paralegal experience
- In-house experience at a public company and law firm in a corporate paralegal role
- Paralegal certificate and notary preferred
- Experience working with LegalTracker, Diligent Boards, DocuSign, Carta, Google Documents, Box, Salesforce, Jira, and Microsoft Office
- A great sense of humor
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.