Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Your mission at Marqeta will be to serve as a trusted technical and payments advisor for Marqeta’s customers and your team. You will dig in to provide solutions and guidance where needed as you focus on strategic items to improve the processes required for successful customer integration and onboarding. You may be on the front line communicating directly with customers, behind the scenes helping your team through tough technical challenges or working with stakeholders across the company to change the way we view and execute onboarding. You will build expertise by learning from the Product and Technology teams who develop the platform and solutions. In return, you will deliver critical customer feedback to help shape the roadmap and refine our offerings.
Your Team’s Role:
- Engage with customers: Marqeta’s Revenue & Program Management teams rely on this team to ensure the key technical influencers at our customers and prospects deeply understand our technology, what makes it different and better than our competitors, and how to quickly get integrated and live.
- Balance big picture & tiny details: The team is empathetic, putting themselves in the customer’s shoes and delivering strong recommendations to solve their problems. This requires zooming out to see the bigger picture, putting simple requests in context to highlight downstream impacts or “gotchas” before they occur. At the same time the team is busy getting their hands dirty, performing precise, detailed tasks with little oversight to make sure the customer’s vision can become a reality.
- Understand & evangelize the customer technical experience: The team works with cross-functional teams and a diverse array of customers, we have unparalleled insights on Marqeta’s technical capabilities, unique features, and benefits our platform offers. This includes sitting in on Product and Technology teams' regular meetings and serving as a liaison and "voice of our customers" when engaging with those teams.
- Evaluate operational reality and strategies to ensure technical onboarding mission and processes support global growth and scale
- Set requirements, processes, timelines, and milestones for the Technical Delivery Operations team’s onboarding responsibilities to eradicate errors
- Manage a growing team of technical operations resources by creating a positive working environment, ensuring a meaningful career trajectory and building training plans and performance development guides to promote growth for the Technical Operations team
- Serve as an escalation point for customer developer issues through onboarding and post-launch to provide air cover and support for the team
- Build cross-functional relationships to identify technical dependencies of operational and business decisions
- Align with the Product team to assess new products, features, and configurations to ensure alignment on timeline and process required for successful product launch
- Support Sales and Customer Success teams to coordinate environment builds and availability timelines based on the sales pipeline
- Identify risks and issues from projects, initiatives, and customer conversations to escalate across functions and drive change
- Proactively manage capacity for the Technical Operations team to ensure resource availability matches the demand for technical customer-facing projects
- Communicate organizational updates and provide change management support for Delivery Operations, Program Management, and Marqeta shifts
- Experience building efficient and scalable technical teams with global reach
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role responsible for technical discussions in a sales engineering, implementation, or technical account management capacity
- Executive presence and ability to influence leaders inside Marqeta and across partner and customer organizations
- Strategic mindset and ability to elevate tactical issues to provide big-picture solutions
- Calm and collected demeanor, ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and work toward productive solutions
- History in the B2B technology space, especially in an API-driven company, with a knack for understanding what makes businesses tick and what drives their growth
- Strong understanding of fintech (e.g. acquiring, networks, point-of-sale), bonus points for knowing payments, especially the issuing side
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.