Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
Your mission at Marqeta will be to serve as a trusted technical and payments advisor for Marqeta’s customers, digging in to provide solutions throughout the customer life cycle. You will lead the charge on initiatives such as presenting integration guides for onboarding to new customers, leading internal voice of the customer sessions for critical solution challenges, or celebrating the launch of a key new product feature that you pushed forward.
You will be on the front line communicating directly with customers, but you will partner with groups across the organization. You will build expertise by learning from the Product and Technology teams who develop the platform and solutions. In return, you will deliver critical customer feedback to help shape the roadmap and refine our offerings.
Our Team’s Role
- Engage with customers: Our revenue & program management teams rely on us to ensure the key technical influencers at our customers and prospects deeply understand our technology, what makes it different and better than that of our competitors, and how to quickly get integrated and live.
- Balance big picture & tiny details: We are empathetic, putting ourselves in the customer’s shoes and delivering strong recommendations to solve their problems. This requires zooming out to see the bigger picture, putting simple requests in context to highlight downstream impacts or “gotchas” before they occur… but also getting our hands dirty, performing precise, detailed tasks with little oversight to make sure the customer’s vision can become a reality.
- Understand & evangelize the customer technical experience: As we work with cross-functional teams and a diverse array of customers, we have unparalleled insights on Marqeta’s technical capabilities, unique features, and benefits our platform offers. This includes sitting in on Product and Technology teams' regular meetings, and serving as a liaison and "voice of our customers" when engaging with those teams.
- Advise onboarding customers on a technical solution to meet their business needs, balancing best practices, regulatory limitations, and an evolving platform
- Troubleshoot collaboratively as customers integrate with our platform, guiding them through technical documentation and assessing root causes for errors
- Configure environments and controls
- Provide feedback to product, engineering, design, and infodev teams to improve outputs based on customer experience
- Document process, product, and industry learnings relentlessly to identify pain points and trends to help the team and organization grow and improve
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role responsible for technical discussions in a sales engineering, implementation, or technical account management capacity
- Superior ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly (verbally & in writing), tailoring recommendations based on customer needs and evolving offerings
- Resourceful problem solver who proactively suggests improvements and challenges the status quo
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Experience in the B2B technology space, with a knack for understanding what makes businesses tick and what drives their growth
- Experience and/or enthusiasm coding to APIs
- Strong understanding of fintech (e.g. acquiring, networks, point-of-sale), bonus points for knowing payments, especially the issuing side
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!