Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fin-tech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in fin-tech, alternative lending, on-demand services, and e-commerce. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts tackling challenging problems in a culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
The Credit team is building a modern credit issuing service to power the next generation of payment innovators. As a senior engineer on our Credit team, you’ll focus on delivering high-quality user interfaces for internal and external customers on web and mobile. Leveraging modern web technologies, you’ll work with designers to create beautiful and functional interfaces. You’ll sweat the details and care deeply about user experience. You’ll play a critical role in our team’s success.
- Conceptualize new features with engineers, product managers and designers
- Collaborate with backend engineers on architecture and APIs
- Build world-class, well-engineered single page apps that work across browsers
- Work closely with designers to build gorgeous, functional experiences
- Learn new frameworks and technologies and use them to solve current problems
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Mastery of HTML/CSS, including extensive experience building responsive interfaces
- Background building single page apps using modern web frameworks like Angular or React
- Experience working with RESTful JSON APIs
- Practiced time estimation and management skills
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!