Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
The benefits administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, accident death and dismemberment plan, flexible spending plan, commuter benefits, 401(k) plan retirement plan, leave of absences, perks, COBRA, etc.). The benefits administrator also provides excellent customer service, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration, as well as provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of all benefit programs.
What you’ll do
- Serve as point of contact on all benefits, globally, and 401k related issues for the Marqeta community, plan vendors and third-party administrators
- Serve as administrative point of contact on Leaves of Absence and manage the process of all leave activity (record, track, work with Payroll, respond to private insurance and EDD)
- Review and make update/corrections for weekly carrier/vendor file integrations
- Respond to benefits inquiries from employees and stakeholders
- Track and reconcile all benefit invoices to ensure timely payment vendors and accurate accounting internally
- Assist with all aspects of Open Enrollment
- Work with the People Ops team to resolve benefits-related systems issues
- Develop self-service tools and communications to ensure full visibility into plan design, changes and new plan features
- Contribute to other People Ops and/or People initiatives as-needed
- Support the annual ACA reporting process and filings
- Perform monthly audits on all benefits plans to confirm enrollments, changes, terminations and accurate payroll deductions
- Work closely with Payroll for enrollments, changes, terminations, deductions and contributions
- Serve as the main point of contact and manage annual 401k and all other benefits related audits, mandated compliance filings and international equivalent programs
- Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments for benefits brokers
- Manage COBRA administration via third party vendor
- Provide HR Program Manager administrative support in all benefits related work
Who we are looking for
- Experience with international benefit plans and vendors – Europe, Canada and new geographies as we expand
- Experience in a related role for at least 2 years
- A thoughtful and focused administrator who loves the intricacies of managing benefit plans
- An approach to Benefits Administration that consistently optimizes for the employee experience
- Hands-on experience with Paylocity or other HCM experience
- A genuine desire to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Working knowledge of benefits compliance requirements for California along with multiple US states, pertinent federal, state and local regulations, filing and compliance requirements (both adopted and pending) affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security, DOL, HIPAA, and ACA requirements
- Experience with administration assistance of Open Enrollment cycles
- Experience supporting and partnering with dispersed stakeholders and team members
- Advanced Excel skills that show proficiency in pivot tables, v-lookups and charts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to communicate complicated details in a straightforward, concise manner
- An ability to flex to support team on ad hoc projects as needed
- A commitment to maintain confidentiality, display integrity and professionalism
- Very detail oriented with an exceptionally high standard for accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!