Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
As a Deals Desk Manager within the Global Revenue Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing a wide range of initiatives including the pricing strategy and deal approval process of sales proposals across all sales verticals.
This position requires a humble, driven, and resourceful team player to lead our Deals Desk function. The ideal candidate has the ability take ownership of our deal review strategy, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and see those initiatives to completion while streamlining the process to scale to the growth of our business.
- Manage & facilitate deal review meetings to ensure appropriate stakeholder participation.
- Own, track, and report on deal lifecycle from opportunity to close.
- Craft competitive, healthy deal strategies that optimize the sales cycle and lead to an increased win rate.
- Create financial models that reflect the health of each sales proposal including interchange, MNR, COGS, gross margin, revenue share, and managed services.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure deal compliance (Finance, Risk & Compliance, Product, etc.).
- Represent the perspective of sales leadership in deal review discussions and make suggestions on how to proceed with complex deal structures.
- Deliver on-demand and weekly updates to sales management for deals in the deal review process.
- 3-10 years of experience working in Sales Operations, enabling Field Sales organizations via the Deals Desk function, and creating pricing models to evaluate deal proposals.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (financial modeling), Salesforce.com, CPQ solutions, and other technology-oriented sales productivity platforms.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules.
- Positive attitude, adaptable, and resourceful self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Pro-active participation to drive business process improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Prior experience in FinTech and knowledge of interchange pricing models is a plus.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!